Haha.. guess what.. New Vecx

RobertG

Vecx GP4

Pressing start will return you to the menu.. I promise ;)

It was noted that Scramble wasn't working properly, I have has a go at fixing it and it seems to work fine now, although I'm playing it in Geepee32..

Unless there are any showstoppers in this release (like GP3s menu return not working ;)) this project will be on hold atleast for a few weeks. I plan on getting another emulator up and running on the GP32 before my system arrives (hopefully next wednesday/tuesday!!). Then all of my work will be forgotten for months whilst I play with the ST emulator ;)

Cheers,

Robert

I know, it's been a release every day I think ;)
Sorry about that ;)

Once my GP32 arrives you'll be seeing alot less releases, as I'll actually be able to test the emu myself.. ;)

Sorry, pressing start still doesn't work. I do notice now that there are some graphical drawing differences from the second release. For example some of the fuel canisters (or whatever they are) in Ripoff flash in the third and fourth release but not the second.

Whaaa?? still?? No good lousy piece of junk! ;)

Would you be a dear and redownload it please ;) I *really* promise that it works now :)

Has it got any faster since the second release?

You got it, now the start button returns to the menu. Upon very close inspection, the speeds appear to be about the same, if I had to pick though, the second release seems slightly faster.

Wierd, it's now alot faster in Geepee32. 4 is probably twice as fast as 2! Guess you can't trust emulators ;)

No significant speed improvement but the 'start' button does return you to a menu. Still a flickering issue with Scramble which was not so apparent in earlier releases.

I sooo want this emu to develop, please keep up the great work Robert! :)

I almost bought an original machine when they first came out, but spent the money on food and booze instead. This software is good, but I would like the option of inverting the screen colours to make it easier to see in low light. Keep on codeing
Paul B Jones

I almost bought an original machine when they first came out, but spent the money on food and booze instead. This software is good, but I would like the option of inverting the screen colours to make it easier to see in low light. Keep on codeing
Paul B Jones

I'll add in a better menu system with more options for the next version. Do you think it would be a good idea to be able to choose line/bg colours or would a simple invert option be fine? Also would an option to double the thickness of the lines, to make them stand out a bit more, be useful?

RobertG posted on May 2 2003 said:
I'll add in a better menu system with more options for the next version. Do you think it would be a good idea to be able to choose line/bg colours or would a simple invert option be fine? Also would an option to double the thickness of the lines, to make them stand out a bit more, be useful?
Personally if you could add sound and/or the ability to play the games vertically (like you could on some Lynx games) in the next release that would be far better than a better menu system or inverting lines in my view.

Keep up the good work though, just a pity your emulator been overshadowed by the ST emu release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back