Hackers make PSP an Open Console?

DustinVgmaster

Still Fresh
Apparently, This App lets you run PSP homebrew on official firmware.

From what I've heard, doesn't work with all homebrew, but still a neat find.

Now if only it worked for the Wii. :rolleyes:

being good news, its kinda late as the psp is past its price and has already been hacked to hell and back and even running homebrew is rather old news as the whole thing where they found the ps3 and psp keys has happened a few weeks ago

They extracted sony's raw signing code from the PS3. Unless by some miracle that Nintendo had hired the same lazy software engineer... But DaMummy is right, this came too late. Unless, you are a hardcore psp go user.

Last edited by a moderator:
I messed with the PSP Go while I was at Best Buy a while back. That little joystick thing on it felt like I was rolling an M&M under my thumb. Wasn't comfortable at all. Maybe that unit was messed up from being on display or something, though.

Still not as useful as a handheld that is made to be hacked. I keep thinking that maybe I should buy one before they aren't sold anymore, years from now maybe I'll want to play some of the home brew on them.

They extracted sony's raw signing code from the PS3. Unless by some miracle that Nintendo had hired the same lazy software engineer... But DaMummy is right, this came too late. Unless, you are a hardcore psp go user.

I know it wouldn't work for the Wii,

I just wish it did.

Anyways, I'm not really a PSP User. I just thought it was intresting.

Still not as useful as a handheld that is made to be hacked. I keep thinking that maybe I should buy one before they aren't sold anymore, years from now maybe I'll want to play some of the home brew on them.
But years from now, you'll have a PSP emulator on your Pandora 3 ;)

Anyway, that is good news, even though my PSP has been taking dust on a shelf for ages. Anything that breaks the limit console publishers try to force on us is good stuff. And signing apps to be used on normal official firmware will always be better than having to install some custom incomplete os.

Last edited by a moderator:
But years from now, you'll have a PSP emulator on your Pandora 3 ;)

Anyway, that is good news, even though my PSP has been taking dust on a shelf for ages. Anything that breaks the limit console publishers try to force on us is good stuff. And signing apps to be used on normal official firmware will always be better than having to install some custom incomplete os.

The custom firmware is as complete as the offical firmware it is based on, just with out the signing check.

except that we dont always have up to date cfw, so if sony/nintendo adds a new feature, were cut out of it until we get a new cfw, which doesnt always happen

The custom firmware is as complete as the offical firmware it is based on, just with out the signing check.
It's typically a revision or two behind, so if you wanted to play Brand New Game that just came out yesterday, you wouldn't be able to on custom firmware.

except that we dont always have up to date cfw, so if sony/nintendo adds a new feature, were cut out of it until we get a new cfw, which doesnt always happen

Rarely do they update their firmwares with anything useful. It's almost always "security updates."

Back