GTA3 not working...

frostfall

Hello,

I know it's been working on some pandora because i saw this video :

https://www.youtube.com/embed/us1tc-JKCIM?feature=oembed

For me the intro is glitchy (see images) and then suddenly it quits to android desktop.

I have a 1 Ghz pandora SuperZaxxon Final and the last android pnd (r6).

Anyone has an idea about that one?

P1030126-2.JPG

P1030127-2.JPG

That's how the the intro looks on mine as well I just tap the screen a few times to bypass it.. the rest of the game looks fine. However I don't crash out to the desktop.. maybe because I bypass it playing fully?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the same for me whether i click to skip or not. however it did work once or twice but when i came to seriously play it, no dice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mosschops and Frostfall, do you both have 1Ghz Units?, I'm just using a heavily overclocked Rebirth Unit.

well I re-tried and this time it works very well (I have a 1Ghz btw)...Android is not very stable, I often have to hard reboot when in some games of this OS. Well nevermind and my apologies for this useless msg!

What do you do as a workaround for the controls? I have that game keyboard app, but still can't make head nor tail on getting it to work properly!

Well the D-pad works by default for me for steering/walking.. I need to have it in front of me to tell you for sure, but the enter vehicle and other buttons I believe are mapped to number keys.

I don't use the game keyboard app...

I bought the game keyboard application mentionned in ed install thread. It took me quite a long time setting it up because the way you have to configure it depends on the game you're playing...(and also scrolling a long list with a stylus on android is a nightmare...)

for gta 3, you just have to uncheck touchscreen control in game keyboard conf, because joystick control is implemented in the program. After that, use the option 3 that displays the buttons, it activates game keyboard.(it took me a while to understand that unless you're doing option 3 or 5 everytime you launch the program, it does not work. Android must write something like 'game keyboard use super user rights')

for max payne(there's a promo on gplay!) you must check touchscreen control and something like dpad numeric so game keyboard simulate a drag&drop with the stylus. after that, use the configuration of game keyboard to put the button on the right spot of the screen.

I acheived to configure it to move the character with the dpad, change camera view with the left nub(not the right one ><) and the buttons working...took me like 1h to configure that properly.

a rebirth unit clocked to 1.1 .

I'll have some time to fiddle at lower clockspeeds in the next week or two but i doubt it is this as i have had it working first time i tried it. i then shutdown and a few days later wouldnt work. reinstall of the apk and anrdoid and even angstrom did nothing. it may be the fault of the APK i availaed myself of from "another android store"

Mosschops and Frostfall, do you both have 1Ghz Units?, I'm just using a heavily overclocked Rebirth Unit.

I bought the game keyboard application mentionned in ed install thread. It took me quite a long time setting it up because the way you have to configure it depends on the game you're playing...(and also scrolling a long list with a stylus on android is a nightmare...)

for gta 3, you just have to uncheck touchscreen control in game keyboard conf, because joystick control is implemented in the program. After that, use the option 3 that displays the buttons, it activates game keyboard.(it took me a while to understand that unless you're doing option 3 or 5 everytime you launch the program, it does not work. Android must write something like 'game keyboard use super user rights')

for max payne(there's a promo on gplay!) you must check touchscreen control and something like dpad numeric so game keyboard simulate a drag&amp;drop with the stylus. after that, use the configuration of game keyboard to put the button on the right spot of the screen.

I acheived to configure it to move the character with the dpad, change camera view with the left nub(not the right one ><) and the buttons working...took me like 1h to configure that properly.

Can you better explain how you got Max Payne to work? I'm curious to know how people were achieving the "looking aroung" funtion that occurs when you swipe the middle of the screen

Hi,

Here is a preview of my max payne conf in game keyboard : P1030780.JPG

For the camera movement :

If you move the left nub on android, you notice that it moves a mouse cursor on the screen...Put the mouse on the upper right of the screen. Then move the character with the dpad (gamekeyboard launched of course). After that you can move the left nub. When the mouse move, the camera will move with it.

It's a bit tricky to move slighty the nub so the camera won't move like mad at first but after a while it's ok. Generally I move the camera before entering a room, then I'm using only the dpad for the fight.

The game is really really easy (during the fight). It's hard to die, so even if you have to move the camera in a combat, that's not necessary. Just strafe with dpad to the enemies and shoot him.

There's only a few scene where the sniper rifles is mandatory. I used the stick for those scene.

I won the game like that :) Hope it helps!

If you move the left nub on android, you notice that it moves a mouse cursor on the screen...Put the mouse on the upper right of the screen. Then move the character with the dpad (gamekeyboard launched of course). After that you can move the left nub. When the mouse move, the camera will move with it.

It's a bit tricky to move slighty the nub so the camera won't move like mad at first but after a while it's ok. Generally I move the camera before entering a room, then I'm using only the dpad for the fight.

Is there a way to map this to the right nub instead of the left?

Is there a way to map this to the right nub instead of the left?

Sorry but I didn't found how. It would have been great...The left nubs movement is more a trick than a functionnality :-/

I didn't found also how to map the nubs to the analog controllers proposed by game keyboard. (I don't think it's possible)

Back