Gpweb Version 0.1

MR.SATAN posted on Aug 31 2004 at 11:33 AM said:
yes i have a mobile phone but do you know how much it costs to surf the web on your phone and if your phone has wap technology why whould you waste your time connecting it to your gp32 just to look on the net when you can just use your phone.

next your gonna be telling me the gp32 is bluetooth compatable for wireless gameing or something.
Never heard of offline browsing? A web browser is not tied to the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the point of browsing the web offline??

are you telling me your going to go around every site you use on the net then save them to your hard drive and then put them on your gp32 and you wont get pissed off when you realise the information on them is 3 days out of date and you cant post on forums.

there is no point, there is no need for it.

MR.SATAN posted on Aug 31 2004 at 12:35 PM said:
what is the point of browsing the web offline??

are you telling me your going to go around every site you use on the net then save them to your hard drive and then put them on your gp32 and you wont get pissed off when you realise the information on them is 3 days out of date and you cant post on forums.

there is no point, there is no need for it.
Several thousand people disagree with you - http://www.avantgo.com
Also microsoft uses a web browser for windows help files (as did Amiga over 10 years ago (ok, so Amiga didn't use html but it was still hypertext)). And what about text/image formatting in ebooks - they don't even need to use links. Have you never downloaded some software and the manual was included as a set of html pages? Being able to carry around the html versions of the php and mysql manuals is one of the most useful things my pda is used for.

You can get mobile phones that work as dial-up modems, so if you had a dial up connection, I suppose you could connect via that.

the whole fact that they made this browser is so weird what would you need the internet on a gp32 thats has old newsbut i guess it will work fo evey one right now good job for trying gp32_console

Excuse my shouting, but WHAT DOES THIS PROGRAM ACTUALLY DO? It seems that it

a) Is not for the GP32, but for PC
B) Is a web browser
c) Is controlled with the control stick

I'm not going to download it by the way, because that would somewhat spoil the fun :D First I want to know what I would be getting...

everybody just shut up and stop talkin shit he made it and maybe it is usless but you dont have to go on and on and on and on about also next are you gonna tell me that the world is gonna end do you know how anoying that is get a diffrent phrase use that for a while til you find a new one to steal also a person signed up just ofr one freakin message how usless is that.

Hia,

Ok it's a novelty item, if you can develop this item to be used on the GP32, then it would be really kewl.

What was it written in, as it's quite easy to add a web control in VB etc.

TTFN,
Clare.

mingus_dew posted on Oct 5 2004 at 05:15 AM said:
everybody just shut up and stop talkin shit he made it and maybe it is usless but you dont have to go on and on and on and on about also next are you gonna tell me that the world is gonna end do you know how anoying that is get a diffrent phrase use that for a while til you find a new one to steal also a person signed up just ofr one freakin message how usless is that.

I agree, so what if it's not practical, it's a bit of a giggle! It made me smile a little :)

Mind you, us girls always giggle at little things (Obvious joke there), and this is a little web browser :) .

DRK posted on Aug 31 2004 at 08:29 AM said:
Jr2swiss posted on Aug 25 2004 at 02:31 AM said:
DRK posted on Aug 19 2004 at 02:14 PM said:
This program is crap!
Do you really have to be so fuckn harsh? Say something more subtle like jeg or just Shut Da Fuck Up. :angry:

Oh btw, damn you joined long ago.

Im german, so i dont know so much fuckin' words.
Crap is the best word i know to discribe this.
It really makes no sense, the Graphic is bat cuttet out.

Seems the only english you know is swear words....why don't don't you buy a dictionary and learn some polite ones before you come on here? And don't tarnish German people with your ignorance, I work with plenty and they are all well mannered.

khephren posted on Oct 18 2004 at 09:10 AM said:
And don't tarnish German people with your ignorance, I work with plenty and they are all well mannered.

Those are a minority, believe me.

Back