GPSP

PeeZapp

Hey not sure if there is already a topic about this or i have posted in the wrong place but was wondering if gpsp is the best GBA emulator or not and whether there is a compatability list for it somewhere as a large chunk of games i have tried don't work at all

I'm not too sure, but I use it via GINGE and have a 99% compatibility rating. Although, the resolution is not native to Pandora's, so that's the only downside.

Last edited by a moderator:
From personal experience I've had the best luck with gpSP for Game Boy Advance games -- mainly Pokemon Fire Red (yes, I know I'm so cool, ha ha ha).

I also use VirtualBoyAdvance for regular Game Boy emulation since regular Game Boy games don't seem to work with gpSP, and vice versa.

Though for the record, I haven't done that much Game Boy emulation.

PeeZapp, what's not working? Do you mean graphical problems, slowdown, or plain crashing the emulator?

Your problem is most likely not the BIOS - it's that your games need to be zipped. If they already are, you need to unzip them and re-zip them. It's long-winded to do on the Pandora, but it definitely does work - I wrote a guide here a while ago, if it's of any help to you.

As an aside, note that unzipping and re-zipping on another Linux-based system also seems to do the trick (this is what I did, as that's what I run primarily, and it was quicker for me to do this :p ).

Last edited by a moderator:
so the games i have been trying are all the sonic roms and all the tony hawks mostly amongst other i know the roms work cos they run on my native dingoo emulator which i must say is pretty darn impressive for GBA just wanna not have to carry around two consoles

Have finally finished using your guide Promethieus and all games now work (except megaman zero but that is notoriously difficult to emulate for everything apparently oh well will have to play it on my actuall gameboy)

Have finally finished using your guide Promethieus and all games now work (except megaman zero but that is notoriously difficult to emulate for everything apparently oh well will have to play it on my actuall gameboy)

Megaman Zero works fine for me. You must have a bad dump there...

Have finally finished using your guide Promethieus and all games now work (except megaman zero but that is notoriously difficult to emulate for everything apparently oh well will have to play it on my actual gameboy)

Megaman Zero works fine for me. You must have a bad dump there...

Really mine works until the opening cut scenes then it goes wonky and once you get into the actual game the screen is just black it works fine on my dingoo though so not sure.

Hey not sure if there is already a topic about this or i have posted in the wrong place but was wondering if gpsp is the best GBA emulator or not and whether there is a compatability list for it somewhere as a large chunk of games i have tried don't work at all

Well, I use and enjoy GPSP for my GBA and GBC games.

From personal experience I've had the best luck with gpSP for Game Boy Advance games -- mainly Pokemon Fire Red (yes, I know I'm so cool, ha ha ha).

I also use VirtualBoyAdvance for regular Game Boy emulation since regular Game Boy games don't seem to work with gpSP, and vice versa.

Though for the record, I haven't done that much Game Boy emulation.

That is right...GameBoy does NOT work with GPSP.

Back