Gpsp

Hyperpc

Website
Visit site
Could someone make a proper gui for this great emulator? Also there is a bug: when i'm play super mario world yoshi's island it resets plays the bios then plays the game game this is becoming very annoying. A nwe GUI please! B)

Hyperpc said:
Could someone make a proper gui for this great emulator? Also there is a bug: when i'm play super mario world yoshi's island it resets plays the bios then plays the game game this is becoming very annoying. A nwe GUI please! B)
What's wrong with the GUI? Makes perfect sense to me - you can always improve the looks of things but i can't see how this would improve functionality. I have not come across your bug playing Yoshi's Island - maybe try a different rom of the game?

I agree it would be nicer if it looked better, but 'if it ain't broke .... ' ;) There are a lot of options within the emulator so it would be difficult i think trying to make a different GUI where everything was as easy to find. IMHO Exophase has done a great job laying things out so clearly :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The main thing I don't like is not really the GUI exactly but it is that annoying CPU tweak utility that pops up everytime you start the emu. The GUI for that thing IS bad. If possible I say NIX that tweaker and just integrate a clock speed setting into the main emu GUI.

Also if that frameskip bug could be fixed (the one where it starts skipping alot of frames for a few seconds and then goes back to normal for a few seconds and then repeats the skipping...) the emu would be much nicer. It does this even when nothing major is going on and in otherwise simple games.

I prefer a new and better release, gui is not important for me :D

I think the gui isn't too bad after playing for a while. I played through a bunch of games and it was a plesant expirence. However it is not always intuitive and I would agree with davec that the clockspeed program popping up isn't the best but there isn't too much to ask for other than river city ransom working. :) It just resets, not a big deal because i've played through that game like 10 times already and probably like 40 times on the nes. So, thumbs up..stay rockin exophase.

I've said it before... We can use the clock speed program Separate to set clock speed... Also many users use GMenu2X to set clock speeds... there is no need for it to be integrated into the emulator, it looks really tacked on :S

Adjusting the "PSP" clock-settings menu to have a GP2X counterpart, maybe even per game overclocking would be a neater solution IMO.

The GUI isn't very important for me the only thing matter is if the games run properly by going into settings setting clock speed and frameskip makes games run full speed, the only problem is street fighter 2 turbo revival has horrible sound and plays bit slow is there chance running this game full speed and clear sound.

This thread is about problems with the GUI, other problems are already obvious to me ^^

(I really hate the clock speed program too, I just hadn't gotten around to integrating it properly into the per game settings)

sukhigp: Imo, trying to play any SF2 game on something other than a CPS emu is a waste of time. Just go with that, and you'll be fine.

Playing street fighter and playing cps2 emu is cool you are boring person admit it.

sukhigp said:
Playing street fighter and playing cps2 emu is cool you are boring person admit it.
What?

I mirror what Jaguarandine said, and it's for that reason that I have no real intention of supporting Street Fighter 2 in my PC-Engine emulator (when it's out).

Not to piss Exo off or anyone else for that matter, but i personally think Picodrive has the *best* UI of any emu out there, would love to see more emu's use a simular UI.

Exophase said:
sukhigp said:
What?

I mirror what Jaguarandine said, and it's for that reason that I have no real intention of supporting Street Fighter 2 in my PC-Engine emulator (when it's out).

PC-Engine emu? *blinks* I LOVE YOU MAN! :D

Exophase said:
This thread is about problems with the GUI, other problems are already obvious to me ^^

(I really hate the clock speed program too, I just hadn't gotten around to integrating it properly into the per game settings)
My only other GUI suggestion is to get rid of stuff that doesn't have any relevance to the GP2X version. There are PSP options in there for 16:9, Filter, etc that don't do anything on the GP2X.

For the Frameskip problem just set the Frameskip Variation to Uniform (I think that fixes it)
I would like the PSP Related options removed.
I would like a new GUI
Also I would like a new option where it scales the screen in porportion... Like it would be as wide as the GP2X screen but Not as tall... you know what I mean?

Other than that I think it's awesome being able to Cheat Nintendo by playing Gameboy Advance on the GP2x :p

Back