Gpsp

whiskthecat

whiskthecat
Website
pigliver.blogsite.org
Can anyone tell me which version of gpsp is the best. There are reports of the older versions being faster? I know this is kind of a stupid question but oh well I'm just looking for some opinions on the best version so far and advantages + disadvantages between versions.

The latest version (9008) is certainly the fastest. Anyone who says otherwise is using a messed up config file.

I have a quick question if anyone wouldn't mind helping with. I have bios in gpsp directory and whenever I go to load a rom it just hangs at a blank screeen. Is this a possible bios problem, or does me still using 2.0 firmware have some thing to do with it

I have firmware version 2.0.0 and GPSP works fine for me. I just think you have a bad bios rom.

purple_goat posted on Mar 26 2007 at 10:31 PM said:
I know there is a TORRENT with the good bios ;)

yes. ehem ehem.

so....
I run the gpe file as per the installation in the readme...I start with a blue settings screen, then it moves to a Gameboy logo titlescreen, and then hangs.

anyone else know what the deal is with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
The file selector is crappy. If you get a GBA logo screen that means that you selected your bios as the game to play.

If you want to use the built-in file selector you need to remember that it has a left and right side, move to the right side and select your roms folder, then move back to the left to select a file. Also take into account that it doesn't debounce the buttons too well, take it slow.

Or you could just use Gmenu2X as your file selector.

Blah posted on Mar 27 2007 at 02:17 PM said:
The file selector is crappy. If you get a GBA logo screen that means that you selected your bios as the game to play.

If you want to use the built-in file selector you need to remember that it has a left and right side, move to the right side and select your roms folder, then move back to the left to select a file. Also take into account that it doesn't debounce the buttons too well, take it slow.

wow..talk about counter intuiitve. Nice job on the emulator though. Works great now.

purple_goat posted on Mar 27 2007 at 05:07 AM said:
scarface posted on Mar 26 2007 at 07:38 PM said:
Purple I like your style!
B)

(is it working?)

Sure is=) I found the problem was that I renamed my bios gba_bios.bin , but whenever I went to load the gpe it already added the .bin to it so the file named ended up being gba_bios.bin.bin

scarface posted on Mar 27 2007 at 05:56 PM said:
Sure is=) I found the problem was that I renamed my bios gba_bios.bin , but whenever I went to load the gpe it already added the .bin to it so the file named ended up being gba_bios.bin.bin
Stupid windows strikes again!! (Anyone know how to turn that off in Vista? I turn it off straight-away in XP. Also have you noticed how Vista won't let you make anything but a folder in the root of a drive :wacko: )

nubie said:
scarface said:
Stupid windows strikes again!! (Anyone know how to turn that off in Vista? I turn it off straight-away in XP. Also have you noticed how Vista won't let you make anything but a folder in the root of a drive :wacko: )

I just had a spider roll sushi. It was really good but I'm left wanting more :(

blackmage.gif

Blah said:
How do you do this? I have tried searching and read the wiki and gmenu2x site but cannot see how you can launch a a rom from Gmenu2x.

nubie said:
scarface said:

Things I do immediately in Vista.

1. Go to User Accounts in Control Panel, and turn off User Account Control, this solves a lot of issues installing, auto updating etc.

2. Open My Computer (Nooo not with a screw driver), Press ALT & T to bring down the Tools menu, and select Options. Click View and then untick Hide extensions for known file types.

3. Install Virtual PC 2007 so I can run apps that hate vista.

4. Don't rely on the auto driver download, especially for your graphics card. Recently this did not install the full driver and that caused the Windows Experience score system to fail and keep my PC on 1.0, which wasn't enough to run the Aero theme.

5. Do all you can to get the Aero theme running, it will actually improve performance as the GPU handles a lot of the interface taking load away from the CPU and RAM. My vista ran sluggish until Vista Aero kicked in, it's now faster than XP. Also without Aero you will not be able to use WinKey+TAB to get that great window selector as viewed below:
Vista1.jpg

Another thing you got to watch out for is resource hogging gadgets in the sidebar. I had a serious issue with video playback stuttering, and tracked it down to the clock on the sidebar. The clock is now disabled and my video playback is 100% solid now.

Hope that helps.

Back