Gpsp?

Wolfsclaw

can't be longer than 2 months right?
Website
Visit site
Well, we've got PSX, n64, (kind of) DC, SNES, megadrive, MAME, .... etc. all the good stuff.

I wonder: What ever happened to GBA emulation?

Is the Great Exophase himself or anyone worthy of this honorable task porting gpsp (which IIRC was already almost fullspeed on the GP2x) or is this at least likely to happen or does probably gpsp not fit the Pandora in some way that I will probably never happen to understand due to my lack in hardware & in-depth technology understanding !?

I appreciate any given feedback!

I'm looking forward to this one, so that I can retire my DS lite, and move on to the XL model.

Chris

Now that's nice! When did he confirm this, I usually never miss the important news, i lurk alot...

Also, this may sound fanboyish, but... will Golden Sun/2 work (well)? :D

Wolfsclaw said:
Didn't those games use some sort of special hardware for detecting if it was light or dark or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
If zodttd doesn't do it then notaz might, since he supports the Wiz version and it's probably not a difficult port for him.

I don't like gpSP and would prefer to focus my energies towards a new GBA emulator. If I do such a thing I promise I'll port it to Pandora ;) (and GP2X and Wiz and whatever)

mindlord said:
Wolfsclaw said:
Didn't those games use some sort of special hardware for detecting if it was light or dark or something?

You're thinking of Boktai.

mindlord said:
Wolfsclaw said:
Your thinking of the vampire hunting game by konami, the name escapes me right now. I believe there was 2 games on the GBA(that used the sun sensor), and one on the DS that didn't use it. Very good idea, but weather could be a problem for gameplay. Goldensun is just a kick ass RPG!

Chris

Damn Ninja'd :ph34r:

Ah, yes... Boktai... GPSP worked really well on the PSP. I wouldn't mind seeing it on the Pandora. Honestly though, I've played the GBA to death, and won't likely won't be emulating it anytime soon. Too many other platforms to love portably right now.

Exophase said:
If zodttd doesn't do it then notaz might, since he supports the Wiz version and it's probably not a difficult port for him.

I don't like gpSP and would prefer to focus my energies towards a new GBA emulator. If I do such a thing I promise I'll port it to Pandora ;) (and GP2X and Wiz and whatever)
Speaking of which, I've just downloaded gpSPDC. Thanks, Exo, I can't wait to start using it, it'll come in real handy. I know you didn't port it, but still... wow...
I bet you'll create a great GBA emulator.
I can't wait to see GBA running on the Pandora.
EDIT FOR CLARITY.

Don't think I'll be giving up my DS Lite when the Pandora arrives - unless there is some way to play DS games (well, OK - pretty much just GTA) on Pandora!!

taras said:
Don't think I'll be giving up my DS Lite when the Pandora arrives - unless there is some way to play DS games (well, OK - pretty much just GTA) on Pandora!!
This probably won't happen, let's not get OT into DS emulation again, it's derailed enough legitimate threads already...

Btw, is it possible to use 3D hardware to render sprites and backgrounds, or is the GBA architecture too different ?
I know it has been done in Megadrive/Genesis emulation.

gba is one of my most wanted emulators.
for me there wasnt really a "perfect" gba console, though it had an archive of many brilliant games.

the original gba was a lovely shape, and fitted my hands amazingly but no backlight = fail. i stuck with it though.
gba sp (ags 001) = shit screen, uncomfortable to use
micro = excrutiating to use, nice screen but too small.
ds = closest to winning, but just didnt feel right :(

cant wait to replay some of my favs on a comfortable machine with big, bright screen.

Back