Gpsp 9008 Vs 09-2x?

zacaj

void main()
Website
zacaj.com
after searching for a week for a gba bios, i finally found 1, so i started using the latest version of gpsp, 09-2x. i have two roms, smb3, and mario kart. mario kart works perfect, except for sound, at as little as 159mhz. but with smb3, it says nintendo, asks for my language, then says formatting save data, then says nintendo, then shows the rainbow gameboy words, then asks for my language, then freezes. in 9008, it works fine, but in 9008, all the games are too slow. what was changed in 09-2x that made it go faster, but not work with some universal roms, where 9008 works with all, but is too slow? right now im stuck using both, but i dont like 9008 at all

Manual Frameskip - 2 makes most things just fine in 9008.
09-2x has pretty autoframeskip, and is noticeably smoother, but as you're noticing, the compatability isn't quite there yet.

wats in that 1? is it an actual release, or just an april fool? i dont want to download it cause i have dial-up. im using the latest release from the emulatos section

zacaj said:
wats in that 1? is it an actual release, or just an april fool? i dont want to download it cause i have dial-up. im using the latest release from the emulatos section
It's an April fool - don't bother with it :)

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
zacaj said:
...with smb3, it says nintendo, asks for my language, then says formatting save data, then says nintendo, then shows the rainbow gameboy words, then asks for my language, then freezes.
This is also what happens when you try to use that ROM on a real GBA via a Supercard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, why dont you put the two of them, with one roms destination, no more headache.
FF I&II doesn't work on 9-2xa, but OK in 9008, and so on other roms.
simple says :
*9-2xa = fast, high framerate, good autoframeskip,sound is great on most roms, but low compatibility.
*9008 = slow, average framerate (depending on rom type), bad AutoFS, sound is still stutter on most roms, but high compatibility.

Just reminding, this is Exophase release, not Zodttd's, also there will be a lot difference compatibility between these builds.

Just wanted to ask you a question, cause I did not find it in the 09-2x-thread:
I can't get Banjo-Kazooie, Sabre Wolf and Kingdom Hearts to work and I don't know whether they are in the compatibility list or not!! :( Maybe they're bad roms, cause they seem to start but then only the sound works properly or I can see weird colors etc .......
It would be very helpful, if you could add a list or sth like that :) .....

thx,
Cheese

Still using v.9008, because Gpsp 0.9-2xa locks-up more frequently for me and in-game saves does not work in Pokemon Leaf Green. Comparing them both, must say that, yes, Gpsp 0.9-2xa runs smoother and sound is much better. But i have to pass the game so...

Must download and test new version Gpsp-2xb though, i`m sure, things will improve there.

Hi,

This seems a relevant thread ... I've just downloaded and gotten running gpsp 09-2xb from the archive - but i'm having some issues with the sound - that is, I can't find how to change the volume! I used headphones mostly with my gp2x and it's way, waaay too loud - I can hear it almost clearly without having to wear the phones!

Does anybody know how I might be able to fix that? I've tried searching but can't find anyone with any similar questions.

Ta

Back