Release gpsd bundle and modrana update

bukkit

I made a bundle for gpsd (v 3.10), with a small runner and config frontend. Here:

gpsd repo

Also cube48 made me co-package maintainer for modRana (thanks!), so I updated that to 0.45.3.

modRana repo

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a bundle for gpsd (v 3.10), with a small runner and config frontend. Here:

gpsd repo

Also cube48 made me co-package maintainer for modRana (thanks!), so I updated that to 0.45.3.

modRana repo
Your link to gpsp goes to your "manage" link so others won't be able to go to it.

Thanks for these! I've been meaning to look into GPS on the Pandora, and will certainly use it if it gets further developed and ported to Pyra. 

Your link to gpsp goes to your "manage" link so others won't be able to go to it.
Ah, thanks! Fixed it.

Thanks for these! I've been meaning to look into GPS on the Pandora, and will certainly use it if it gets further developed and ported to Pyra.
The Pyra might have a builtin GPS, gpsd'll probably be shipped in a useful version with the OS then, preconfigured and all. I tend to think it'll obsolete my little package, but we'll see.

Do you have a tip for me what gps device i should buy for this? 

I would like to give that i try.

Bluetooth GPSs are a hastle, one must go through a complicated sequence to get them connected after every boot, and a somewhat less complicated sequence after every time you put the Pandora to sleep.

I don't have a USB GPS, probably less hastle, but you will either need a USB OTG cable to connect it to the small port, or a USB hub to connect it to the large port.

USB is not plug & play on the pandora.

I should be able to scriptify any set up thingies tho. 

Do you have a tip for me what gps device i should buy for this? 

I would like to give that i try.
I have a GT-750FL which offers Bluetooth and USB.

It's alright I think; it has got a bit of trouble if you don't use th -b switch of gpsd it seems. Also depends on the version of gpsd. I'll have to find out a lot more... it's not a too stable setup atm, but I also play around quite a lot.

Bluetooth GPSs are a hastle, one must go through a complicated sequence to get them connected after every boot, and a somewhat less complicated sequence after every time you put the Pandora to sleep.

I don't have a USB GPS, probably less hastle, but you will either need a USB OTG cable to connect it to the small port, or a USB hub to connect it to the large port.

USB is not plug & play on the pandora.
The connection sequence can be done via ConBTGPS. The reset, yeah, that's why I wanted to implement that in my runner app... (it's working a bit, but not quite as planned so far).

Like DAP wrote, the Pandora doesn't support USB 1.1 on the ordinary ports. An option besides OTG cable or Hubs would be to find a GPS device which is using generic hi speed.

Back