GPScumm - mess on the screen

Hazel

Still Fresh
I have a strange effect when running GPScumm - when I choose the game I want and click 'start', I get a messy random pixels pattern that stays for a while and only then the game loads. Do you get this too?
Too bad, Indiana Jones 4 doesn't even load and this mess stays until i switch the console off :( maybe I'm doing something wrong... gotta try later

This is normal - although you should make sure you use the 132MHz version of SCUMMvm, which is less prone to crashing than the regular version.

--jo "directhex" shields

Thanks foro the answer. Yeah I do use the 132MHz version. I copied Indy once again and it works now (?!? why didn't it before?) but the cursor moves kinda slow... I tried only in the first room but when it comes over something and the name of this thing shows up, it slows down a little - is this normal?

Hazel posted on Mar 18 2003 said:
Thanks foro the answer. Yeah I do use the 132MHz version. I copied Indy once again and it works now (?!? why didn't it before?) but the cursor moves kinda slow... I tried only in the first room but when it comes over something and the name of this thing shows up, it slows down a little - is this normal?
Yeah, it's slow for me too.. but DOTT, Sam and Max and the Monkey Island games are perfect!
I just completed Monkey Island today, so I'm going to start the second one in a couple of days.
As soon as I create some space on my card by deleting these Tom and Jerry cartoons that is...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back