Gpquake

Exo

Website
Visit site
It would be nice for someone to take over the Gp32 Quake port...
http://w1.243.telia.com/~u24315537/ Abandond / source avalible

Dose anyone think Quake would be playable on gp32_console with optimisations ??

Also what about Duke3d ? (source avalible on 3d realms website)

there have been a few threads about this. i might be wrong, but i think a GP32 version *would* be feasible because someone's converted the floating-point stuff to fixed-point (for a pocket-pc version, i think.).

search the boards for more info... (click 'my assistant' up in the top right-hand corner) :)

Thanks, completed gpquake is my wish :D I would do it myself If I could code but I could barly get the compilers + sdk working

I looked at the source code to see where improvments can be made...but in fact everything need to be improved so it will take time...
I wish I were a better coder so I could try to make this game enjoyable on the GP32 but Im not so I wont
Maybe someone will take good care of that port...:)
I hope

see you :lol:

washo posted on May 25 2004 at 08:49 PM said:
I looked at the source code to see where improvments can be made...but in fact everything need to be improved so it will take time...
I wish I were a better coder so I could try to make this game enjoyable on the GP32 but Im not so I wont
I hope

It's been talked about before quake's engine is to good and duke nukem has floating math point.
But they're both avaliable as pwads for gpdoom.

Last edited by a moderator:
kknd_cf posted on May 25 2004 at 09:01 PM said:
washo posted on May 25 2004 at 08:49 PM said:
I hope

It's been talked about before quake's engine is to good and duke nukem has floating math point.
But they're both avaliable as pwads for gpdoom.
Actually, both are possible. It would just take time.

AIIIII!!! im in a timewarp arn't I!!!!! im living in the same thread over and over!!!!!!! i can do what ever i want , damn i wish there where boobs around.

Sorry about re-posting something that has already has been talked about I will not do it again ;)

I did test the Quake, Half-life and Duke3d wads for Doom
I wasnt realy impressed with the Quake one, The Duke3d one was Good but short and the Half-life was ok :D

I'll restate what I always say in these threads (can't be arsed to look up my other 'ground hog day' Quake posts).

The quake we got was a quick port with no GP optomisations. It ran at 133 (maybe less, its been a while...) It was based on the floating point version of the Quake source from the pocket PC port (which is partly why it was so slow, as we have no FPU).

The pocket PC port has since removed all the FPU maths, so we would need to report it to get this version. With further GP optimisations and overclock, quake would easily be possible.

Exo posted on May 25 2004 at 04:40 PM said:

Quake would be impossible unless someone had a VERY VERY good hardware modification or 3D tools. But Duke Nukum I know can be fully ported to GP32 with no problem. :D

GanePark64 posted on May 31 2004 at 01:50 AM said:

Quake would be impossible unless someone had a VERY VERY good hardware modification or 3D tools. But Duke Nukum I know can be fully ported to GP32 with no problem. :D
Actually, as Quake has already had all the FMU code removed from it, and Duke hasn't, then Quake would be easier. Sure it's hardware requirements are slightly higher, but seeing as it's already been ported to one ARM device, it would be a lot easier to bring it over to another.

EdZ posted on May 31 2004 at 07:27 AM said:
GanePark64 posted on May 31 2004 at 01:50 AM said:

Actually, as Quake has already had all the FMU code removed from it, and Duke hasn't, then Quake would be easier. Sure it's hardware requirements are slightly higher, but seeing as it's already been ported to one ARM device, it would be a lot easier to bring it over to another.
whats FMU code?

I think FMU stands for Floating Maths Unit
(because FPU is Floating Point Unit)
this is a think that GP32 dont have : a mathematical processor
that is why this is needed to be removed to have a 'working better than 3fps' version

I don't think that there is a gp32 coder alive that would be up for converting all the foating point code to fixed point, or one that will be up for porting the asm version. Besides, I think it would be better if someone were to fully port the cube engine. What 3D engines are currently ported to gp32?

Mofokubik posted on May 31 2004 at 10:48 PM said:
I don't think that there is a gp32 coder alive that would be up for converting all the foating point code to fixed point, or one that will be up for porting the asm version. Besides, I think it would be better if someone were to fully port the cube engine. What 3D engines are currently ported to gp32?
Hmm, people don't seem to read my posts. The porting without FPU maths has been done for the ARM architecture already, no coder would need to convert to fixed point.I'tll pretty much run, just needs some tweaks. Personally the Quake engine opens up a hell of a lot more mods than the cube engine.

Mofokubik posted on May 31 2004 at 10:48 PM said:
What 3D engines are currently ported to gp32?
Yeti3D is ported. If you call Doom a 3D engine (which technically it isn't, but it effectively does the same job) then that too.

Back