Beta Gpnd - A Simple Gui-Tool For Creating Pnds

Wait a minute... Does this app really create valid PNDs? o_O

Progress on the release candidate has pretty much halted since I got stuck on annoying segfault like a month ago. The Beta... I'd be surprised if it works at all. If somebody is crazy enough to try to fix this app, you could upload the PXML.xml-file it saved in your source directory. It should hold a few clues.

Writing GUI's in C always sucks :) Well, QT and GTK make it less suck, but still suck :)

ie: Using QT's Designer or WhatsitCalledThingy for GTK (glade etc) you can put together a UI pretty quick.

I tend to do my UI's in pyqt or pygtk or the like, since using an interp to knock together UI's seends much more efficient to me, but you have t pay the learning curve up front then :/

Keep at it, looks like people want to use your tool. (And since mkisofs and mksqushfs are available for Windows (I linked to them in libpnd hub wiki), you coudl probably port it to Windows pretty easily too.)

jeff

Keep at it, I like what you've done so far, and I'd prefer to use a nice tool like this rather than sitting and creating a script and typing out the pxml manually... I'm just lazy like that... :D

Hmm... I have played around a little with Glade, if I now only could figure out how to use Glade-stuff with C...

I can't promise anything, but I think I'll make another attempt this afternoon.

I had successfully forgotten that I ever made this thing, and you just had to remind me about it? :p

If it works, it works. But I wouldn't be surprised if it does a whole bunch of things that the PND system will throw a wobbly over, not to mention it's severly outdated. I'm kinda busy with other things for now (dbp system, other personal projects that are actually fun ...), so if someone want a linuxey gui for making PNDs, that would have to come from someone else.

Back