GP2X Gplflash/gplflash2 Port To Gp2x

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Hi all,

I am posting this here for a few reasons. 1-gather some information 2-get this indexed in google so that others who have experience with GPLFlash and not necessarily with gp32 or gp2x may eventually find it :).

I am a flash games developer by trade, and am very interested in porting or remaking from scratch a version of GPLFlash/GPLFlash2 to the gpx2. I don't mind if some of the features are not supported to start with. I would like to get basic drawing and actionscript in first - even to a Flash Lite 1.0 type of standard (Flash 4 support). I have extensive programming experience in object oriented languages (Delphi and C++) as well as others (I used to be an internet application developer) as well as flash in general, so would be developing this myself. If I could contribute to the GPLFlash2 project as a whole as a consequence that would rock too.

My aim is first off to support basic animation, shapes and bitmaps with no sound and no text support (input or rendering) unless this proves to be simple. This way i can get some simple games off the ground.

Does anybody have experience with GPLFlash or GPLFlash2 to give me some pointers or insight into any part of it? Where to start, what to watch for etc? I have documentation re:swf file format pre-dating the disclaimer that Macromedia added :)

EDIT:
Thanks for the CVS snapshots chris_r ! Much appreciated

Back