Gpe On F200 And File System Only-read

Arsenè

Still Fresh
After much I could do gpe run decently on my F200, I had a problem with the zip that was corrupt.
But now I understand why some programs I run good or not, I save the data.
Basically my file system is only read, but the SD (2 Giga) is certainly unlock and since we write and delete files as host.
How do I change the system files also write?
Thank you for your attention.

PS

I simply extract the zip in a folder called GPE on my secure digital by 2 giga with fat32

Who's this character? Seriously man, he's trying to get help, English is obviously not his first language, things would go smoother if you'd just go on ahead and try to help him out.

As for Arsenè, what do you mean by read-only? I honestly haven't ran into a problem similar to this, but i know that chmod is the standard linux command for changing permissions on files. Maybe you could write a small shell script to chmod the directories or files you need, giving write permissions to all users, maybe something like 'chmod uog+w foldername', save in a gpe or gpu file, and try running it. If you have a usb keyboard setup with a bob or a cradle, you could do the same thing through sterm.

Not sure if this helps, I haven't tried it or anything, but where exactly are you encountering this problem with gpe? I've been using gpe quite a bit lately, and haven't ran into any problems like the one you are talking about. Are you having trouble saving files you've started working on?

Cheers

xcen said:
as usual, your post is barely legible.

I will wait for you to add //* *// to your topic title in order to reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Narmak, sorry I love to help people... even if their english is not the best.

Mind you english is not my first language either and you probably cannot tell =P

1 post like this is ok, 2...3 ...4 hell 6 if you want to... but it's every posts filled with nonsense.... just check out the rest of his posts =P

also, googling for: '$OS change read only' would more than likely give you the answer you need...

edit: not to mention frequent thread hijack for support, which just happened again =P bleah

I try to be more clear.
I tried to use the program to write GPE and when I try to save the document, I see this message:
The file system is read-only!
This same problem I had had with enefix when I tried to delete or rename a file.

I checked and everything seems OK, it is not selected read-only but only archive.
What could be the problem?

Finally everything was a problem with the file system of the DS, now everything works well, including GPE!:)

Back