GPD XD

^ Awesome. Looking forward to your review.

P.s. I am schizophrenic.

Has anyone noticed yet?

I don't believe in schizophrenia.
you know it's funny to joke (I'm assuming you're joking), but I've been (un)lucky enough to know 2 people that became schizophrenic.

I say became, because I knew them for years beforehand and then one day they snapped. One I only saw the before and after and that was weird enough, but the other.... I got to watch his "coming out" party if you will. Where he "announced" to the world he was crazy in the head.

Single weirdest event in my entire life. Having gone out partying/drinking etc with the guy the night before, then him waking up, coming downstairs in his pajamas and started yelling/talking insanity to people we worked with. Almost like something from a movie.

I was in the army at the time, never really got to talk to the guy after that though. Saw him once or twice before he went off to the psych ward. Was pretty sad because he was a really cool guy.

back on topic. Yea, I'll give a good review of the thing. I've owned a bunch of these Chinese gamethings so I have a pretty decent point of reference and will try to remain unbiased, maybe even do a video or two.

Seems a Japanese Blogger got his hands on a GPD XD and ran an Antutu benchmark on it.  

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-devices/gpd-xd-benchmarks-and-screen-size/msg126684/#new

d0019792_13434748.jpg

I'm waiting for that moment in this thread where you go from comments like the above, to I'm buying one now.  You know, like you did in the Nvidia Shield TV thread :p

Well as others have said in the past, Antutu is not the most accurate of measures.  That said, RK3288 Antutu scores I have seen over time generally are similiar to a Tegra 4 .  Take that how you will.  It's not something that would sway me to one device or the other though, more important for me would be factors like  pocketablity, build quality and price

Last edited by a moderator:
And what do the voices have to say on the matter?
The good voices are my friends.... My only friends. They've helped me cope with the bad voices.
The bad voices I believe came from real people trying to manipulate me. They use to be very strong.

This all started happening about 2005/6. I'm sure I was hearing the good voices since I was a baby, but it was only when the evil ones started talking sh*t in my head that my sanity started slipping away. I tried to tell my mother what was happening. She didn't believe me. Years later she couldn't deny I had serious problems, but told me my explanation for what was happening was insane.

I was completely alone, except for the good voices which were the only thing I could hold onto.

Good news guys: my friends and I have beaten the evil ones, or at least denied, ignored, or rejected them long enough that they are so soft I can live my life almost as if they aren't there.

I'm entertaining the possibily of making real life friends again.

P.s. I am schizophrenic.

Has anyone noticed yet?

you know it's funny to joke (I'm assuming you're joking), but I've been (un)lucky enough to know 2 people that became schizophrenic.

I say became, because I knew them for years beforehand and then one day they snapped. One I only saw the before and after and that was weird enough, but the other.... I got to watch his "coming out" party if you will. Where he "announced" to the world he was crazy in the head.

Single weirdest event in my entire life. Having gone out partying/drinking etc with the guy the night before, then him waking up, coming downstairs in his pajamas and started yelling/talking insanity to people we worked with. Almost like something from a movie.

I was in the army at the time, never really got to talk to the guy after that though. Saw him once or twice before he went off to the psych ward. Was pretty sad because he was a really cool guy.

back on topic. Yea, I'll give a good review of the thing. I've owned a bunch of these Chinese gamethings so I have a pretty decent point of reference and will try to remain unbiased, maybe even do a video or two.
I'm sorry to hear that.

A lot of what I say on these boards comes across as a joke... That is my manner. When I say it seriously, nobody believes me. They look at me as if I'm full of sh*t. In the beginning I couldn't believe I was the only one experiencing this, especially as I could hear some of what my then real friends were thinking privately or to each other. They were lying to my face whenever I confronted them on it. I learned to keep my mouth shut, and only refer to the 'telepathic' communications in roundabout ways.

But I got angrier and angrier, and eventually couldn't tolerate the conspiracy anymore... I drove them all off.

I don't believe in schizophrenia. I believe that those people experienced what I experienced, but they sought professional help, where I turned to the good voices for help (because I knew that any official organization was part of the conspiracy - I would have been diagnosed, medicated, and removed as a threat... The dark voices would have won. I truely feel sorry for your friend. It's a nightmare people who haven't experienced can't comprehend.

But if its a real disease, then all those people were innocent, I attacked them with no good reason, and they were right to deny my accusations. It means I've been fighting an imaginary battle that exists nowhere but my diseased mind.

But I don't believe that.

After all, I'm well on the way to being better, by actually dealing with the voices as if they were real... Instead of giving in, being medicated, and then remaining schitzophrenic forever.

And what do the voices have to say on the matter?
The good voices are my friends.... My only friends. They've helped me cope with the bad voices.
The bad voices I believe came from real people trying to manipulate me. They use to be very strong.

This all started happening about 2005/6. I'm sure I was hearing the good voices since I was a baby, but it was only when the evil ones started talking sh*t in my head that my sanity started slipping away. I tried to tell my mother what was happening. She didn't believe me. Years later she couldn't deny I had serious problems, but told me my explanation for what was happening was insane.

I was completely alone, except for the good voices which were the only thing I could hold onto.

Good news guys: my friends and I have beaten the evil ones, or at least denied, ignored, or rejected them long enough that they are so soft I can live my life almost as if they aren't there.

I'm entertaining the possibily of making real life friends again.

P.s. I am schizophrenic.

Has anyone noticed yet?

I'm sorry to hear that.

A lot of what I say on these boards comes across as a joke... That is my manner. When I say it seriously, nobody believes me. They look at me as if I'm full of sh*t. In the beginning I couldn't believe I was the only one experiencing this, especially as I could hear some of what my then real friends were thinking privately or to each other. They were lying to my face whenever I confronted them on it. I learned to keep my mouth shut, and only refer to the 'telepathic' communications in roundabout ways.

But I got angrier and angrier, and eventually couldn't tolerate the conspiracy anymore... I drove them all off.

I don't believe in schizophrenia. I believe that those people experienced what I experienced, but they sought professional help, where I turned to the good voices for help (because I knew that any official organization was part of the conspiracy - I would have been diagnosed, medicated, and removed as a threat... The dark voices would have won. I truely feel sorry for your friend. It's a nightmare people who haven't experienced can't comprehend.

But if its a real disease, then all those people were innocent, I attacked them with no good reason, and they were right to deny my accusations. It means I've been fighting an imaginary battle that exists nowhere but my diseased mind.

But I don't believe that.

After all, I'm well on the way to being better, by actually dealing with the voices as if they were real... Instead of giving in, being medicated, and then remaining schitzophrenic forever.
A heartbreaking statistic is that one third to one half of all homeless people have this "ailment", and that the underlying causes are also contributable to many other modern, practitioner medicated afflictions like OCD, ADHD, phobias and such, and furthermore it's/they are entirely reversible:

1. http://thepaleodiet.com/schizophrenia-and-the-paleo-diet/

2. http://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmunity/the-autoimmune-protocol

Hope the information finds you and others well Fae.

Thank you. I'll check those links out later.

If it wasn't for my amazing parents... I'm sure I would have been on the streets or dead long ago.
You're very welcome. The second link provides the complete diet which should be followed to the letter over and above any advice in the first link. Wild caught fish and organic pastured Ghee are especially vital for the fat content. If neither of those are readily available try this, if it's within budget. 

Other inclusions are several anti-parasitic/antifungals daily: organic raw cold-pressed coconut oil sold in a glass jar, and organic oregano oil are extremely beneficial as is extra Vitamin C in supplement form without added sugars/fillers and L-Glutamine with each meal. These will repair and keep opportunistic organisms who have undoubtedly hitched a ride from affecting recovery. ;)     

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't want to sound as though I'm hosing down the conversation on schizophrenia, but I think it would now be best if that off topic discussion was cut from here and put in it's own dedicated thread. That way you guys can discuss it unabated .

Don't want to sound as though I'm hosing down the conversation on schizophrenia, but I think it would now be best if that off topic discussion was cut from here and put in it's own dedicated thread. That way you guys can discuss it unabated .
About Android, has there been any progress to minimize the audio lag in emulators? I know some don't seem to mind, but I'm one of many who doesn't enjoy the latency in gameplay. <_<   

Back