GPD Linux?

linx

Still Fresh
I just saw this and wanted to share it. Not sure if it has been posted again.

Pretty sure that's running under VMware , a video was posted on the other thread

There is an existing thread on the GPD WIN by the way

Definitely VMware. You can see the toolbar at the top at 0:05. It's the same video.

Yes, seems like VMware running.

Making people enthusiastic about a Linux GPD. That is a road to the Pyra :)

I'm not 100% sure. According to mail, they only had the 8500 available in time for shipment, but the system says it's the Z8700. So they probably sent one of these, but I will need to confirm it.

I can totally understand why they would want to add a fan though... CPU reaches up to 81C when just browsing the web.
And it's even warm when it's just lying around. That's probably Windows doing all kinds of stuff when you're not doing anything.

I guess there is room for improvement, but that probably will be done by the community, not GPD itself :)

I can totally understand why they would want to add a fan though... CPU reaches up to 81C when just browsing the web.
And it's even warm when it's just lying around. That's probably Windows doing all kinds of stuff when you're not doing anything.

I guess there is room for improvement, but that probably will be done by the community, not GPD itself :)
...like removing Windows 10.

Ah, well, based on my experience, Wine for games, Wine often has issues.
For sure, but at least you have the best of both worlds (an slim Linux-based OS running on the background and the possibility of running some Windows games).

It would be the only way the GPD would look a little more interesting to me (I think that running Win10 on a system like the GPD is totally overkill).

But, if I had to buy one, it would be the Pyra, as I really like its future-proof design. So, let me say, great work with the design (as always), EvilDragon! :)

You'd be surprised how well Wine works with a driver that has native Direct3D 9 support. Sadly, the Wine devs still refuse to merge this upstream...

Back