Gpcinema2 Universal

evaunit01 posted on Jul 30 2005 at 01:27 AM said:
ooh ooh osnes9x 0.2, I heard it's alot better!

but thanks for this, it's great to see people haven't just given up on the gp32 just because some new machine is on the way.

i'll stick to my gp32 til the day i die (console fanboy :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having problems getting this to run properly - despite having several files inside the MOVIE directory, GPCinema 2 doesn't recognise that there's anything in there - am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I found the answer in another thread, apologies :)

Instead, another question: Does version 2 offer any performance benefits over version 1 when playing back at comparable clock speeds?

Nekki posted on Jul 31 2005 at 01:29 PM said:
Instead, another question: Does version 2 offer any performance benefits over version 1 when playing back at comparable clock speeds?
Like I said, no more blockiness with darker scenes. That's about all; I didn't notice any speed optimization or anything... aside from the higher clockspeeds, of course.

Nekki posted on Jul 31 2005 at 06:29 PM said:
I'm having problems getting this to run properly - despite having several files inside the MOVIE directory, GPCinema 2 doesn't recognise that there's anything in there - am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I found the answer in another thread, apologies :)

yep, i ran the FF10_LEE.avi (~185kbps, 10fps, 300x220 - found on entware) in both @100Mhz
sound crackles and big slowdown at some scenes in gpcinema1, smooth playback all the time in gpcinema2
(another movie with ~270kbps, 15fps, 320x220 only runs smooth with at least 133mhz)

EDIT: also the first movie is encoded in divx, the other in xvid

the_Diabologic posted on Aug 1 2005 at 05:40 PM said:
Nekki posted on Jul 31 2005 at 06:29 PM said:

yep, i ran the FF10_LEE.avi (~185kbps, 10fps, 300x220 - found on entware) in both @100Mhz
sound crackles and big slowdown at some scenes in gpcinema1, smooth playback all the time in gpcinema2
(another movie with ~270kbps, 15fps, 320x220 only runs smooth with at least 133mhz)

EDIT: also the first movie is encoded in divx, the other in xvid

That's interesting, thanks. I've been putting together a site of gp32 optimised anime for download, and I was wondering whether it was worth revisting a few of the videos to see if I could squeeze a bit more quality into the low-Q files, and it sounds like I might be able to.

sam fisher posted on Aug 1 2005 at 06:09 PM said:
legal? either way i want a link

'Grey' is probably the word. The files are conversions of unlicensed fansubs, stuff like Bleach, Jinki: Extend and some of the lesser known Gundam stuff perhaps (although I'll have to check that first).

I'll throw a link up when I've got enough anime encoded to a decent standard, and the site actually works properly.

tried it now... but i have the bug others talked about, it just shows the gpmm directory but nothing inside and i also cant change that..
searched for an answer but couldnt find it.

Sonic-NKT posted on Aug 2 2005 at 01:23 PM said:
tried it now... but i have the bug others talked about, it just shows the gpmm directory but nothing inside and i also cant change that..
searched for an answer but couldnt find it.

Remove the old GPCinema configuration file first, and all should be good.

i tried to email the author of GpCinema but unfortunally without sucess, anyone know how to contact him?

Back