GPCinema DIVX downloads

bmd3287

Website
Visit site
I have been trying to get videos to work with gpcinema but only 1 has worked. I used Joygp.com's guide but it just didnt work. Where can I download (or buy) already converted movies or episodes? besides gpdivx (or whatever its called) because that site doesn't work (broken download links).

JoyGP's guide? Don't follow that! Encoding really isn't that hard. First make sure you have divx 4.12. Now follow these steps (this is how I encode videos for GPcinema):

1. Open video
2. Go to video ---> Filters
3. Click Add, and add a resize filter.
4. Make the width 320 and the height 240. Make sure filter mode is set to precise bilinear. Click OK.
5. Add a brighness filter if desired.
6. Click OK to get out of the Filter box.
1.JPG

7. Go to video ---> Frame Rate.
8. For frame rate decimation, choose decimate by 2 (may be a different number, but for pratically all videos you'll encode, it'll be 2). Click OK to get out of the frame rate box.
2.JPG

9. Go to video ---> Compression
10. Choose DivX Video Codec 4.12 and click configure. Have these settings:
3.JPG

11. Go to Audio ---> Full Processing Mode

12. Go to Audio ---> Conversion
13. Make sure sampling rate is 44100Hz (it may already be at 44100, by no change it will say what rate it is at). Check the high quality box. And make sure channels are stereo (again, they might already be stereo). Click OK to exit the conversion box.
4.JPG

14. Go to Audio ---> Compression and click on MPEG Layer-3 and choose
24kBit 11,025Hz 3Kb/s (you may have to click on show all formats for this option to appear). Click OK the exit the compression box.
5.JPG

15. Now just go to File ---> Save as AVI, choose the destination and click ok.

Hi bmd3287,
there are tutorials on gp32-divx too...
And about the broken links you're talking about... it's because you don't have emule or edonkey installed... this is not http links... (and it's not like it wasn't specified several times in the website :))

KeimOmatiC posted on Dec 11 2003 at 10:36 AM said:
OR you can choose "Convert to fps" and enter something between 10 - 15
this could cause a/v to go out of sync....
process every other frame...for 12 - 15 fps
or every third frame....for 7 - 10 fps.....
of read http://www.waystation.mcmail.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a minimium spec for your PC to be able to do this? I only have a Pentium 2 (can't remember how much RAM etc) and when I try to convert a video my PC just freezes.

I follow the guide you´ve put up in this thread, but so far only 1 movie and 2 episodes of some tv-series have worked. In the middle of it I usually get some "unknown audio error" (don´t remember exactly)
But that´s just me, I´m sure EVERYONE else gets it to work properly

Back