Gpadvance

Jr2swiss

Website
Visit site
According to Gp32spain.com, The people that were working on GpAdvance has resumed progress.

"16/09/2004 - They retake the GPAdvance
After a pair of months of vacations, the programmers of the GPAdvance are going to put hands to the work again. According to they say, first are going to work in the stability of the emulator, to improve his compatibility and to try to include/understand porqué some games do not work correctly."

Translated with babelfish.altavista.com

www.gp32z.com

thats good news. since there wasnt much update for a while, i thought they stopped the project

Its been discussed alot, they stopped cause it was a school project and such. They were on vacation, but now their vacation is over and school has started.

www.gp32z.com

GPandvance is a school project? you mean they turn it in to the school or do you mean they work on it during school time?

extremegamer posted on Sep 19 2004 at 05:09 AM said:
porque=because...i know a little spanish :p

True, but it says Porqué, which mean why :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Will it ever be possible for them to allow for roms larger than 4MB? I assume that this is a problem dealing with the RAM (seeing as a lot of emulators have a max of 4MB), but I'm not sure. They say that this isn't an emulator but actually running the program as if the GP32 were a GBA, so does that mean that the game is run directly off of the SMC?

...But isn't SMC kinda slow..? :unsure:

shinneri posted on Sep 19 2004 at 07:13 PM said:
Will it ever be possible for them to allow for roms larger than 4MB? I assume that this is a problem dealing with the RAM (seeing as a lot of emulators have a max of 4MB), but I'm not sure. They say that this isn't an emulator but actually running the program as if the GP32 were a GBA, so does that mean that the game is run directly off of the SMC?

GpAdvance already has the ability to run programs over 4MB, to my knowledge. Dynamic loading was implemented a while ago.

generalnmx posted on Sep 19 2004 at 08:42 PM said:
shinneri posted on Sep 19 2004 at 07:13 PM said:
Will it ever be possible for them to allow for roms larger than 4MB?  I assume that this is a problem dealing with the RAM (seeing as a lot of emulators have a max of 4MB), but I'm not sure.  They say that this isn't an emulator but actually running the program as if the GP32 were a GBA, so does that mean that the game is run directly off of the SMC?

GpAdvance already has the ability to run programs over 4MB, to my knowledge. Dynamic loading was implemented a while ago.

Oh, cool. B)

Back