Better Emu's

shotaway

gp32 hardcore raver
Website
Visit site
29/03/2004 - Helps to improve the emulation in GP32 As already was commented in the forum, we are going to begin a collects in order to encouraging the programmers to continue and to improve the emuladores that already there is for GP32 or to create new. The first donation will be to offer it to him to Yoyo in order to that continue and improve possible the most maximum thing the OpenSnes. The money collected will be destined for this and other emuladores according to the votings of the donors, that they will be put from time to time in the forums. If you carry out a donation, do not forget to include a comment with your nick so that appear in the list of donations.

Tomorrow I will put a banking account so that the ones that quieran can carry out the donations through income or banking transfer. I encourage! We achieve that the emulation in the GP32 be each better time.

so what do you think?

it's sad that someone has to start to push others to donate something. if i use a freeware program and i really use it and the creators asks for donations it should be normal to give a few bucks if possible.

i agree that the authors shouldnt be pushed into doing something, if i were an emu author and i needed/wanted the cash id put a donantion thing on my website.

btw ryleh does ask for donations whilst some of his emus load

I think it's a good idea, the developers maybe be more inclined to carry on with their emu's if there is a reward, we can't really expect to always get something for nothing, and i definately think it shud go to Yoyo coz i really wud like an update of opensnes with better speed etc as full speed mario kart wud b great.

Kojote posted on Mar 30 2004 at 08:46 PM said:
it's sad that someone has to start to push others to donate something.
i would hardly call it pushing....its not as if they say "donate or dont come here".
donating gives developers more of an incentive to code stuff and if it makes fgen or opensnes get here faster then why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
great idea should have a vote on which emu would most like to be updated
im up for donating to any 16bit emu

What are donations going to do? If I give $30 is the day suddenly going to get longer? 26 hours in a day now? I dont think these developers are not working on the emus because they dont want to, I think they are not working on them because they dont HAVE TIME to. Donating wont change any of that, it wont make the day longer to give them more time to work on the emus.

I am not saying you shouldnt dontate, by all means, but dont except anything to change because you do.

I dissagree. I think that the devolopers are pressed for time, but I think that if we showed exactly how much the gp32 community enjoyed their work I think they would come back.

I've donated to Rlyeh for FGB and Fgen already so I hope others will do the same. I really want perfect Genesis and SNES.
;)

diablo2 posted on Mar 30 2004 at 10:48 PM said:
I dissagree. I think that the devolopers are pressed for time, but I think that if we showed exactly how much the gp32 community enjoyed their work I think they would come back.
You assume that they dont already know. Trust me, they know how much we appreciate their work and how much we wish they would continue, they would have to be blind to the hundreds of topics and emails and news posts, etc... not to know.

Doing a large donation thing like this will just show them how desparate we are and that is not a good idea :)

Efompor posted on Mar 31 2004 at 01:28 AM said:
Woah that "Great Challenge" thing is sweet... I wish there were enough coders to take it up though. The hardest challenge has a prize of 200 euros... you could buy a BLU with that when it comes out!
http://www.gp32spain.com/thegreatchallenge.php
I agree, thats much better then gathering a bunch of donations to give to an author. Let the programmers pick and choose.

When coders are in a tough spot coding, where they know what they have to do, but it's a lot of busy work, the donations will motivate them to get started on those sections.

IF you actually want the donations to mean something, you have to donate at a rate to OVERTAKE their main income, only then will they really start putting all the time they can into it. But my main concern is the "corruption" of the authors. It all starts from donations, but it can lead to a MUCH more monopolized future. Take trillian for example (if you wanna see old pages, go to. www.archive.org) or even TuxRacer.

GP32x, GP32emu, GP32news and GP32spain should make the "Great Challenge" an inter-site dealy... not that many people visit GP32spain only. Then the prizes would probably get much higher and we could get some good programs...

i only visit gp32x its my homepage
i think that that is a good idea, but the coders would have to be aware of it

how would the developers be alerted without us sounding desperate

Back