Gp3x Pic? At Least Zodtdd Thinks So

Fake!

Only another dirty marketing announce made by the pandora crew.

At least GP3X will have sound, not like pandora who has well known issues with it (if do you think it's a lie, why all the videos of pandora lack sound?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kojote said:
Not quite sure if it's fake. I've already seen more pics of it...
At least the cable in that weird angle is an obvious shoop. Being nice, it could pass as an "early render" but it'd make no sense to do such an awful photoshop job with the cable.

That looks like a generic chinese PMP.

Kojote said:
Not quite sure if it's fake. I've already seen more pics of it...
No Kojote, this is a fake,
the device on the pic is a cheap and ridiculous looking chinese PMP badly retouched with a trial version of paint shop pro.
I don't remember the name of the gadget, but if I can find pics of it I'll show you.

still dont see the relationship to the pandora, but yeah, it looks like a 40$ pmp from DX.

Now that GPH has claimed rights over the image, we know that it really is their latest design. I can only hope that all of the criticism in the last 24 hours will prod them toward improving it.

chipan said:
I ran the GP2XSpain forums through Google translator, and it seems this is a popular opinion there.

Zod came across a picture of the latest GPH design and posted it on his blog. I'm not sure how you turn that into some sort of personal attack, but some members of the Spanish site have somehow made that leap. They are also laboring under the delusion that it is part of a wider Pandora-centric conspiracy to destroy the GP2X. Or something like that - Google translator is far from perfect.

In any case, chipan seems the most zealous of the bunch. He is so blinded by irrational hatred for the Pandora that even the other GP2Xphiles have had to ask him to tone it down. His name might as well be Inigo Montoya, Pandora might as well have killed his father, and we all might as well prepare to die.

So don't take him too seriously. Instead, think of him as the Spanish quasist.

I can only hope that all of the criticism in the last 24 hours will prod them toward improving it.

Hmm, there isn't only criticism but also some positive feedback here and on GP2x.de. You don't like it? Buy the Pandora instead. Tastes are different. I don't go to the Pandora forum and tell the makers what they have to improve so please let GPH decide which unit they want to build if that is OK for you...

sbock said:
I can only hope that all of the criticism in the last 24 hours will prod them toward improving it.
Hmm, there isn't only criticism but also some positive feedback here and on GP2x.de. You don't like it? Buy the Pandora instead. Tastes are different. I don't go to the Pandora forum and tell the makers what they have to improve so please let GPH decide which unit they want to build if that is OK for you...

I think the point was that with the leak of this picture potential customers gave feedback on a product GPH probally wants to sell. With this feedback they can decide to change thier product before it hits the market or not. GPH of course could igonore everyone, positive or negative. It would be in there best interest to listen.

sbock said:

I meant criticism in the constructive sense. The near-universal confusion at the device having two d-pads and no buttons is something that GPH needs to see. Not having any face buttons is a mistake, but it's a mistake that is easily fixed if only they can see that nobody wants a second d-pad. A bad design decision is a bad design decision. Pointing out a bad design decision is not an "attack", it's merely a statement of fact.

Chip said:
sbock said:

I meant criticism in the constructive sense. The near-universal confusion at the device having two d-pads and no buttons is something that GPH needs to see. Not having any face buttons is a mistake, but it's a mistake that is easily fixed if only they can see that nobody wants a second d-pad. A bad design decision is a bad design decision. Pointing out a bad design decision is not an "attack", it's merely a statement of fact.

Maybe they are trying to find a solution to the left/right hand problem?
Or maybe since they community has been requesting for a "proper" dpad they deccided to amp it up and design it with two of them.
Or maybe its some new 2 player mode, each player gets one dpad.
But who really knows :rolleyes:

hando's post squashes any doubt that GPH is not aware of what goes on here. I hope they stay with the touchscreen. So here this GPH, touchscreen good idea. Keep the touchscreen.

Chip said:
Now that GPH has claimed rights over the image, we know that it really is their latest design. I can only hope that all of the criticism in the last 24 hours will prod them toward improving it.

chipan said:
I ran the GP2XSpain forums through Google translator, and it seems this is a popular opinion there.

Zod came across a picture of the latest GPH design and posted it on his blog. I'm not sure how you turn that into some sort of personal attack, but some members of the Spanish site have somehow made that leap. They are also laboring under the delusion that it is part of a wider Pandora-centric conspiracy to destroy the GP2X. Or something like that - Google translator is far from perfect.

In any case, chipan seems the most zealous of the bunch. He is so blinded by irrational hatred for the Pandora that even the other GP2Xphiles have had to ask him to tone it down. His name might as well be Inigo Montoya, Pandora might as well have killed his father, and we all might as well prepare to die.

So don't take him too seriously. Instead, think of him as the Spanish quasist.

The distrust you see from people is a direct result of the way the pandora project is being run. I believe the developers are simply over-optimistic about when they will get things done - but the general combative attitude that prevails when timelines are questioned leads one to believe the lady doth protest too much.

tmcnair said:
The distrust you see from people is a direct result of the way the pandora project is being run. I believe the developers are simply over-optimistic about when they will get things done - but the general combative attitude that prevails when timelines are questioned leads one to believe the lady doth protest too much.
This is quite ironic when you consider how GPH has run things in the past...

Back