Gp3x - The "wiz"?

n8archer_XI said:
it needs an analog stick...
It needs a GP32 stick :(

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont really care about the buttons, just make sure it has a touchscreen and 3d acceleration - the main issue stopping most linux games getting ported to the gp2x was the fact so many programs require OpenGL: it's simply much better than SDL, if harder to use. nobody tries software 3d rendering in SDL, it's pointless...

why no news on this earlier? all the hype is for the Pandora right now... the gp3x will flop if GPH don't push for some publicity.

P.S. one more thing: build in USB hosting. USB host was such a killer feature on the gp2x but most couldn't use it due to the EXT port junk... why not build it in!? i realise the cradle was for that, but it cost way too much for what it was... a bunch of filter chips and ports on a board.

Orkie said:
waffles said:
it needs to be a pandora. :p
Ummm... why?

it should be able to transform from its small form factor into that of the pandora, emulate the ps3, and when folded up, fit in your pocket.

CronoTriggerfan said:
If they don't fix that dual d-pad crap, this thing'll flop, no doubt. That's really the only conceivable problem I see with it, though the price should reflect the fairly lackluster abilities of the device when compared to other handhelds currently available on the market.
I too hope they don't launch without normal action buttons.

Nova said:
n8archer_XI said:
it needs an analog stick...

It's just not a stick unless it's got the click!

Peter R said:
Nova said:
It's just not a stick unless it's got the click!

No way, the GP32 stick is great to use, but way too fragile. A solid pad will do just fine.

And as intriguing the dual-pad idea looks, normal buttons would indeed be more natural for most things.

Back