Votes: 95 88.8%
  • gp32x.de

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • gp2x.eu

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • gp2xwiz.de

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

It's a good idea, because this forum has many information and posts that can't be lost. I'll like to see the domain like the older like gp32x.eu or gp32x.de or something, because people can be confused in another domain. But if this it's expensive do what you like.

P.D. Is good that you can comunicate with Hando and save the site.

Okay, we're now running on the new server (as you can see with the deprecated-messages on the frontpage :D)

hando is looking for the IPB login data and then I'll upgrade to the new version.
As IPB allows a testing version to be installed, I can test everything before doing the upgrade on the real boards :)

Next step would be reorganize the forums and create a new frontpage that also migrates the downloads. :)

Anyone want to work on a frontpage?

The old original one :)

And the anime character which seems mssing now; hell the front page design I like, for old times sake ;)

jeff

Whoever works on the front page only requests i make is that unapproved threads do not continue to show up on the thread list. At lot of times a spam thread would show up as a new thread, a mod would unapprove it, but it continues to show up in the frontpage list.

Also unapproved news threads would also show up before they had been approved. (although i used that to my benefit to quickly know something was submited ;-) )

Pickle said:
Whoever works on the front page only requests i make is that unapproved threads do not continue to show up on the thread list. At lot of times a spam thread would show up as a new thread, a mod would unapprove it, but it continues to show up in the frontpage list.

Also unapproved news threads would also show up before they had been approved. (although i used that to my benefit to quickly know something was submited ;-) )

That's probably because hando manually wrote that system which just grabs the news off the database.
IPB has it's own portal system, we should take a look at that.

A theme for IPB based on the old logo would rock :)

Last edited:
Great news that you finally got in touch with Hando!
Thanks for all your hard work on ALL of this stuff ED, you are the glue that holds this whole fantastic community together.
Cheers!

Pickle said:

I should also mention that it infects the RSS feed, which I use to monitor the site news via Google Reader. Unfortunately it's been nothing but spam lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, while I'm waiting for the info from hando so I can update the boards, we could discuss where we want to head and also decide what forums we want here and what we should merge, etc.

Do you think I should open a forum where we can discuss such things (and make them happen?)

Or should we discuss it here?

EvilDragon said:
Or should we discuss it here?
imho here is fine... but that's just me.
Anyway these boards are less and less active : pandora section almost dead now, caanoo section dont get the activity the device deserve etc :(

Many people are waiting for android sections, that could be a first step.

Kouky said he could make something for the theme maybe you could send him a mail ?

I would suggest opening a separate forum for the suggestions, or it may be better to use the one we already have ;) . This should make it easier to categorise different changes.

I have noticed that the various game park systems forums have been combined, but it seems to me to be better to keep the old structure of the boards as there is a vast amount of knowledge in the board that people who are just coming with a used gamepark device (like a gp32x or gp2x) can easily access all that knowledge without starting new threads and rehashing old items. I hope that you will do this. I myself very often use the old forums to solve problems or have a question answered.

So gp32x.de wasn't that safe after all? It looks like it has expired. :(

Domain Name: gp32x.de

Created On: 17 Mar 2003 11:55:22 UTC
Expiration Date: 17 Mar 2012 10:55:22 UTC
Last Updated On: 20 Mar 2011 06:35:06 UTC

Is there still a chance of renewing it or does it mean the forum's domain needs be changed to the openhandhelds.org domain?

Back