GP32's Popularity

Mofokubik

Website
Visit site
I have been showing people my gp32 at work lately, and every single person I showed it to is serious about getting one. 1 person ordered it off of ebay already, 2 other people want one new so I pointed them to GBAX.com. A few other people want me to order it for them, but that isnt going to happen. I think Gp32 would be soo much more popular if people just knew what it was and where to get one.

Is gp32 ever going to have a popular release in america, or will it always be something unknown to almost everybody. I wouldnt even mind if it was more expensive in america or other countries.

Mofokubik said:
I have been showing people my gp32 at work lately, and every single person I showed it to is serious about getting one.

Geez man, one question: where do you work? Hmm... videogame store, right?

I work at a movie theatre, and while a couple guys said "cool" when I broke out the GP machine during break, you couldn't sell one of these people a frontlit unit for fifty bucks while wearing a brightly-colored hat the shape of their wildest fantasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have friends that I hang with at an arcade. I showed them the emulators, especially ninja gaiden. I know of one person who ordered one. The rest are waiting until later. And Mofo, there is an American Internet retailer that sells the GP32 also.

I brought it for the long bus rides on my summer farm job, detasseling... I wouldnt bring it to kmart with me. If I end up getting hired at radio shack I prolly would show the manager... People keep asking if its at kmart, or best buy. I wish it was, but the internet is the only way to get it. Also, today I found out that two of my friends are getting a gp32 also.

I showed it to one friend who will be buying one soon. He's a tech-dork like me, and jsut can't resist gadgets. Another rabid video game worshiping friend of mine thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he won't be able to afford one any time soon (damn art students).

I'm always a little amazed that most people I show it to aren't that impressed. How can you NOT be impressed!?!?

i love my gp32..people at work like it to but as most of them can't find there way
around windows explorer...what chance do they have of encoding video's and
getting emu's and game's to work...maybee i should charge them for cool stuff!!!!

NssOne posted on Jul 31 2003 said:
I have friends that I hang with at an arcade. I showed them the emulators, especially ninja gaiden. I know of one person who ordered one. The rest are waiting until later. And Mofo, there is an American Internet retailer that sells the GP32 also.

I'm not sure if the retailer you are referring to is Upstate Games but, if so, avoid at all costs. Just do a Google search on the name to find out why...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've managed to sell 3 GP's for game park so far :) with several pending..(but then It's no wonder, I work for a games company).

I reckon I should be able to get a couple of people buying a GP32 this september when I go back to College.
If it had Genesis and full speed snes though, people I know would be desperate to get one. oh well soon maybe -_-

Back