gp32 win95?

joe_bain

Still Fresh
Does the Gp32 work with win 95?

I can't upgrade because the computer is not mine

I have upgraged the system so that it recognizes usb but is there a driver that works?

Thanks

swisscheese
The computer is a University computer and I'm only using it because USB has beeen disabled on all of the other computers with newer operating systems

djwillis
USB on the on the 95 machine is not disabled but i cant find a mass storage device driver for my usb hard disk that works with win95
so i thought (lateral thinking) why not use the GP32 as it uses a different system to transfer files

Shadowharlequin
where did you get the drivers from? (URL if poss.)

Perhaps get the USB Iomega zip drivers for Windows 95 and run the generic mass storage utility on the GP32 (after it's installed from another computer of course)? I'm not sure if the zip drivers will recognize other mass storage devices or not, but it could be worth a shot - I know they work for the zip drive on windows 95.

yeah, if you can't get it to work, that is a bummer. :(

There are main versions of Windows 95 concerning USB. The older of the two doesn't have the necessary USB support for accessing the GP32.

You may be able to convince a librarian at your local library to let you use one of their computers, or contact your University's IT department concerning this issue.

It was hard enough to get USB working on Win98 first edition..

So I think Win95 is a bit of a lost cause.. :blink:

windows 95 and 98 use an OCX-based driver model. windows 98 and higher use a DLL or SYS based driver model. simply put, OCXes suck, and it's unlikely you'll ever see an OCX version of the GP32 driver

--jo

oh well just thought it'd be fun trying to get it to work
but if there is no driver there is no driver

does anybody have a mass storage driver for win 95
all I can find is the usbsupp driver which i've already
got
I think i may have a go with BradN's solution...............

The GP32 does not function as a mass storage device. The only suggestions i have are to either ask the person to upgrade or puchase a parallel/serial SMC reader if you can still find one. :blink:

Trooper

Back