Gp32 Virgin Needs Help

grarap

Still Fresh
Hey all. Just got meself a brand new gp32_console BLU+, but unfortunately I'm having some issues with it and was wondering if a technical wizard here could help me out:

1. How do you set the default LCD setting to be Taiwanese in DrMD and OpenSnes?

2. Everytime I launch a SNES game the screen goes black. If I wait or press a button a corrupted image pops up and my console crashes. Can I sort this out?

3. Is it right that the 2600 emulators are quite buggy?

4. If I find a poblem in a game using a 'near perfect' emulator such as littejohn is it a problem with the emulator or should I get a new ROM file? For instance, in SMB3 the edge of the screen is producing wierd coloured effects when I move quickly.

5. Sometimes my A Button doesnt really respond. It's rare but annoying. Is this my fault?

Well, thanks for helping me with my problems.

1. How do you set the default LCD setting to be Taiwanese in DrMD and OpenSnes?

There is a setting in DrmD main menu... LCD setting or something. Can't remember in OpenSnes.

2. Everytime I launch a SNES game the screen goes black. If I wait or press a button a corrupted image pops up and my console crashes. Can I sort this out?

No idea, can't remember.

3. Is it right that the 2600 emulators are quite buggy?

Yup

4. If I find a poblem in a game using a 'near perfect' emulator such as littejohn is it a problem with the emulator or should I get a new ROM file? For instance, in SMB3 the edge of the screen is producing wierd coloured effects when I move quickly.

Yes try a different rom and if that doesnt work its the emulator.

5. Sometimes my A Button doesnt really respond. It's rare but annoying. Is this my fault?

Not seen this problem myself, are you sure your blu+ is brand new and not used?

grarap said:
I thought that happened even on the real NES, but I could be misremembering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help guys, very reassuring. Yeah, my GP32 is brand, brand new.

However, I'd still like to know how to make the 'default' LCD setting Taiwanese. Currently that setting resets every time I turn off the console.

Great, thanks for the support!

However I have one more problem. Every time I play a game the screen eventually starts turning white, and sometimes resets the console. I'm sure that I havent been playing for 5 hours, and when I use new Panasonic batteries the problem gets worse. What have I done wrong now, or is this just a typical sign of low batteries? :)

How embarassing. Looks like the 'new' panasonic batteries that I tried to use were flat themselves. My GP32 is complete! I look forward to becoming a member of the community for this fantastic little gadget.

Back