A Guide To Change Or Clean Your Gp32 Screen??

gba-cube

Website
gba-cube.net
Hey,
My Flu screen is a littlebit dirty at back of it.
And I always heart people talk about changing the screen to a glas one and stuf.
So I thought it has to possible to clean the screen.
But I dont really know how the geth to the screen.
Can anybody help!!
Thanks in advance :D gp32_console

It's slightlu more difficult with a FLU than a non-flu becasue you have to be careful not to damage the light guide layer just under the screen. The best advice is - if it isn;t a big problem, dont worry about it.

Do not even think of doing this...

If you do use compressed air to clean everything as you will otherwise most likely get even more dust in.
Do not touch the light guide as you will get sweat on it and that can't be cleaned off with compressed air and anything else will scratch it - which causes black patches when the light is on, as the lightguide will not reflect all of the light.

I WOULD NOT SUGGEST YOU DO THIS YOUR SELF UNLESS YOU ARE GOOD AT THIS SORT OF THING - INSTEAD GET THE JOB DONE BY MASHMODS!!!!

I totally agree . Get mashmods to do it. Cheap and they'll get the dust out.

If you do it yourself , don't touch anything with your hands or cloths. You can use the compressed air but hold it stright up because sometimes it sprays liquid out by accident. And that will leave a spot on the Flu light guide.

You can also use clear scotch tape to get the dust off. just use a small piece . Lay ti lightly on the glass or light guide and lift up. Do it 3-4 times across the entire glass and guide and then hurry and close it back up.

Also if you do it in a steamy bathroom (let the hot water run in the shower for a while ), that will take all the dust out of the air.

What's this rubbish about not touching it with cloths or anything? I cleaned it out fairly nicely with a slightly wet piece of cloth. I then took a dry piece of cloth, wiped the water of the screen, and it was clearer then it was every before. And I have a FLU. But yes, if you're cleaning it while the FLU is on you'll get great big black blotches where the water is, but once the water's gone, no problem whatsoever.

Hey,
I´m a cool dude.
I just thought wath the heck.
So I removed the screen.
Blew away the dust.
Its still not 100%but its MUCH better!!
And no dark spots or anything! :lol:

Hey,
I´m a cool dude.
I just thought wath the heck.
So I removed the screen.
Blew away the dust.
Its still not 100%but its MUCH better!!
And no dark spots or anything! :lol:
Good for you...
You see when I washed mine with liquid I got dark spots, I then tried to get rid of these with a dry clothe and that scratched the screen (so I got permenant dark spots).

The spots were not really spots but a smudge... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cut my losses and accepted defeat when I got a bit of dust inside my Blu when adding a glass screen and the grey bit didnt fit correctly. I just thought "every time I touch it, it's just going to get worse and worse... just leave it". It looks okay now; most of the problems are on the outside.

Is this dust problem aslo with the BLU??
No there is absolutely no way for the BLU to get any dust in it. Craigix has taken apart the BLU (pics on GBAX) and says that the LCD is SEALED. No dust getting in there. There may be a few bits of dust in there from the factory but it would not get any worse.

Plus with a backlit display dust doesn't show up really.

With the FLU dust can get on the light guide. The light guide has fine grooves in it making it hard to get out. Also it shows up much worse.

Back