GP32 GP32 USB port

abbibi

Website
www.portablesofdoom.org
Can the USB port be used during gameplay? If it can, then a small USB keyboard could be attached. It'll probably have to be modded with a battery to provide power for the USB. This would be very useful for the Atari ST emulator (Zork, Hitchhiker's Guide, etc) and similar systems. I could do the hardware mod, but have very little knowledge on the someware side. This tickle anyone's interest?

I don't have the tools to test this idea myself right now, but perhaps somebody already has.

Man a USB mini-keyboard (like the ones for PDAs) would be so cool for GP32. I was using the MSX and C64 emsu yesterday, and every time I saw BASIC come up I would wish I could start typing in some programs. :) I used to know BASIC really well and could code up simple games really fast - it was a lot of fun.

It would be so useful for so many things - on emus, on text processing apps, on games needing more inputs... It must be possible with the right software. But personally I have zero knowledge to offer to make it happen, but I;d surely be a grateful user if it did.

Well i know someone is working on getting an Ericson chaboard to work on the GP32. He plug it in the EXT port which is a serial I/O. But havent heard any news since then so dunno if the guys was able to have any luck.

I checked the power wire on the output on the GP32, and there was almost nothing. So a keyboard pugged into it would definitely need to provide the voltage (via a battery). I am interested in pursuing this project, anyone know of a tiny USB keyboard I could get?

I forgot to add, that I think using the serial port is neater, as it is more conveniently placed. But it would require more hardware conversion. The USB is more standard, and a simple battery add-on to the keyboard is something enyone could do. Man, it's going to be annoying trying to remember C++!!! <_<

Back