Gp32 Snes Controller Mod

F00 f00

Still Fresh
First off, Hi to all you guys on gp32x.de.

Just finished a mod I've been planning for a while, using an external controller on the gp32. I used a SNES controller for the first mod because I had a few spair. Now its done I am sure I can use any controller I want. Its cool for playing on the train to work.

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHuDGbr3rrs

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks excellent. Any chances of getting some shots of how it hooks onto the handheld? I assume it uses the mini-USB, right?

- Alex

Alex. posted on Dec 20 2006 at 08:56 PM said:
That looks excellent. Any chances of getting some shots of how it hooks onto the handheld? I assume it uses the mini-USB, right?

- Alex

Yeah no wories. Its not a mini usb its a 15pin din. I wanted something that would act as a stand too. Just sorting a pic. 5 min. . .

reaper79 posted on Dec 20 2006 at 09:06 PM said:
LOL! Using a SNES controller to play Genesis/MD! Excellent mod though, grats.
HA! I woulder how long it would take for someone to mention that. Under 5min. I really need to mod a MD controller next. I love DrMD!

Here you go Alex

IMGP0859.jpg

washo posted on Dec 20 2006 at 09:13 PM said:
congrats
I wonder, all button mapped?

see you :lol:

Yep, part of the reson I used the SNES controller was that it has the sholder buttons.

gaterooze posted on Dec 20 2006 at 09:47 PM said:
Looks great F00 f00!

But this should be moved to GP32 news to save confusion...

Sorry Man my fault. Any admins about that can do that?

I just feel scared when I see any mod that involves drilling into the case, like the built in usb mod for the GP2X and this mod, which looks so great, the only thing I would wish for if my GP32 had one extra button so I can have six buttons games play flawlessly, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, WWF Wrestle Mania, god I've always wished I can enjoy them fully on my GP32 :(
Very brave mod FOO_f00, welcome to the community and thanks for the post :)

sehs33 posted on Dec 20 2006 at 10:07 PM said:
I just feel scared when I see any mod that involves drilling into the case, like the built in usb mod for the GP2X and this mod, which looks so great, the only thing I would wish for if my GP32 had one extra button so I can have six buttons games play flawlessly, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, WWF Wrestle Mania, god I've always wished I can enjoy them fully on my GP32 :(
Very brave mod FOO_f00, welcome to the community and thanks for the post :)

Thanks man. Yeah I had to cut a whole for it. I void alot of waranties. Theres actualy BAGS of room inside the gp32. You could fit all kinds of things in there.

Nice! Acting as a stand is a greate feature aswell, would love to have that on my GP2X, also good when you watch movies... Good job!

Any plans for a GP2X version? =)

Thanks everone.

Do you mean in a headrest? I could defanatly do that. I bult a car pc last year, but then killed the car about two months later, total bummer.

I dont have a GP2X. I do plan on getting one though, probably some time in the new year, I'll defanatly have a go at this mod.

DTH posted on Dec 24 2006 at 03:37 PM said:
Nicely done, but what's the use?
Er. . .well, the main reason was to be able to play old roms with the right controller. As I said befor I play on the train to work :unsure:

F00 f00 posted on Dec 26 2006 at 10:04 PM said:
DTH posted on Dec 24 2006 at 03:37 PM said:
Nicely done, but what's the use?
Er. . .well, the main reason was to be able to play old roms with the right controller. As I said befor I play on the train to work :unsure:

Using external hand controllers,would also prolong the life of the GP32 too,since it'd obviously save wear and tear on the unit.

Nice work BTW,F00 f00...very cool idea indeed.

Back