GP32 Gp32 Sdl Eabi Version 4 Libraries

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
I downloaded A600 SDL++ libraries from go32spain.com but was dismayed to find that they are not in EABI version 4 format.
I looked into the formats and found that basically all that needs to change is that the 'flags' field which holds the version number needs to be set from '0' to '4'. <_<

Easy enough but each library can contain many object files so it's no mean task to do manually.

Does anyone have SDL EABI version 4 libraries? Or an easy means of converting existing libraries?

I did try these (should have mentioned this).
This script doesn't do libraries (.a) they only do object (.o) files as it assumes there is only one header.
Library files can have multiple headers within...

You could extract the '.o's from the '.a', run the script and reassemble the library.

Orkie said:
You can try this package I've uploaded to the archives: http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,19,1056

What is actually different about SDL++? If it is the same as the SDL found here, I will try and compile it properly for the latest devkitARM when I get chance.

Hi!

Are you sure the libs are working ok? A few months ago, i tried to do the same using the eabi scripts and recompiling sdl again, but i had problems, if i recall correctly, it seemed that there were some changes on dkarm which ignored the functions for file access that provided the libc/x_gp32lib (something about glob, but now sure know)... Maybe i did something wrong, so ill try this precompiled libs and will post my results...

Regards!

@B^)>

Last edited by a moderator:
kidchaos2k6 said:
Are you sure the libs are working ok? A few months ago, i tried to do the same using the eabi scripts and recompiling sdl again, but i had problems, if i recall correctly, it seemed that there were some changes on dkarm which ignored the functions for file access that provided the libc/x_gp32lib (something about glob, but now sure know)... Maybe i did something wrong, so ill try this precompiled libs and will post my results...
last time i tested it i found some error related to you are saying. It crashed every time it tries to access anyfile for reading or writting. i quit trying. :(

Aiken

Last edited by a moderator:
Back