Gp32 Not Booting!

zombie13

Still Fresh
I've got the original GP32. I came to use it today, and it appears to be broken. :(

I switch the GP32 on, the power light works, but nothing happens on the screen and no sound is played. The GP32 is kept in the protective case that I bought from GBAX, and it worked fine the last time I used it (about a month ago).

Does anyone have any ideas, or is it just time to finally by a BLU?

EDIT: It does this with or without an SMC inserted. Also, I plugged the USB cable in before turning it on the first time today. Maybe the USB fried it?

Could also be a bad firmware flash, you maybe got ripped off. Could be the case if you bought it off ebay.

btw, you are member number 144 and registered since 2003 and this is your first gp32?

Angel - Nope, still nothing.

Trooper - Tried it, still nothing.

Quiest - It's been working fine since I bought it brand new from GBAX around the same time I registered on this board. It's been working fine until now.

:(

ive heard before about the flash dieing, and imean not just the contend, i mean the chip.
Robbrown replaced it one for someone, may be your only choice.
But are you sure noone touched it till you used it last time?

Yep, absolutely 100% nobody has touched it. It literally was working one day and not now. Has Robbrown got a website?

Cheers!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found his website. :)

zombie13 posted on Jul 26 2005 at 07:12 PM said:
Yep, absolutely 100% nobody has touched it. It literally was working one day and not now. Has Robbrown got a website?

Cheers!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found his website. :)
Could you post a link, just in case it happens to me or someone else? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, sorry, I misread that line:

"I came to use it today"

I read:

"It came used today" (the gp32)

Well, I should read with more care next time :D

Well, I've just bought a BLU off Malc at The CPC Zone. He sells his the same day mine breaks. That's weird! :huh:

I'd still like to get my original GP32 working, though. :)

Are you sure your GP has not been used or tampered since you last used it, By a friend, Member of family etc. If you`ve had it in storage, Was there any possibility of it falling, From a shelf say. Or maybe something falling on to it.
Does there look like there is any damage to the unit itself ?.

excuse all the silly questions, But it does seem a little strange for it to just stop working after not being used for a while.

Unless someone else has any idea`s, The only things i can suggest is if it still under guarantee, To send it back. Or have someone who is competent enough to have a look at your GP for you. Failing that, You could always ebay it.

Trooper

Yes I am absolutely sure nobody has even looked at it, let alone touch it. It's been kept in the proper GP32 protective case/bag, and as has always been the case, not a single blemish on the GP32. It's been in a dry cupboard at room temperature, with nothing leaning on it etc. I really look after my equipment.

It's as I said, it simply stopped working. :(

Are there any GP32 repair services in the UK?

It's not so strange that an electronic device is working one day and not the next.

The biggest stress on a system is placed when it's turned on from cold. Electronic components do degrade through use, some more than others. And one day you will get a component on the brink of failure, turning it on from cold may just be the straw that brakes the GP32's back.

Have you tried powering the unit from a power supply rather than batteries. I had a problem on my GP32 a few months ago where the unit would not boot while running on batteries.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 2 2005 at 08:15 PM said:
It's not so strange that an electronic device is working one day and not the next.

no, it's binary ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I got the similar symptom as well. I didn't play my gp32 (most original one, not FLU or BLU) for about a month, without take the battery out. When i tried to play it again one day, there is a strange sound when loading game. Then i switch to play some mp3 music, same strange sound again. After that i can't even run the free launcher successful and the caption is keep flashing with wrong spelling, like Game become flashing between Gime and Geme etc.....

Does anyone know what can be done in order to make it work again? I think that's not because of the battery problem, i have replaced with some new batteries. Is it the firmware is crash? I didn't update with any homebrew firmware.

Regards,
Anthony

Back