Gp32 Modding Guides And Tutorials

lek

Website
www.neverendless.com
Well, here they are. Three tutorials, for taking your GP32 apart, painting it, and modding its Start and Select buttons to have LED's in 'em.

There is a better disassembly guide out there though ;)

http://www.reloded.com

Under the newely created GP32 section...

If you havn't got a Flash plugin installed, you can use the alternate site link at the bottom, which uses JavaScript.

YAY!

*gets to work*

I really like ur site.

Its advanced-iful

Very nice site. I love the tutorials too, but I'm still afraid of opening up my BLU. Maybe you should charge to do it for people.

I dont see the point in copying someone elses case mod to the T, you just end up with the same thing as other people, console mods are supposed to be so your console is unique to you.

/mad rant

Lek: Did you wet and dry the case before painting? (Sorry couldnt be bothered with the tutorial. dont have a GP32, but im modding my saturn)

finty101 posted on Jul 7 2004 at 05:01 PM said:
Lek: Did you wet and dry the case before painting? (Sorry couldnt be bothered with the tutorial. dont have a GP32, but im modding my saturn)
I just cleaned it with a wet cloth, then dried it.

I suppose roughing the surface would help the paint bond a bit, but it will wokr without doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. I thinking over the possibility of offering a painting service. There are quite a few things to take into account.

I imagine most people wouldn't want to pay more than £10 for a paint job, and if I had to buy extra colours it could end up costing me to offer the service.

Hmm, hmm, hmm. I'll think over it in my sleep -_-

Does anyone know how much it costs to send a GP32 through the post (via recorded or special delivery)? They're not that heavy tbh. Even with foam packaging in a box it would still be pretty light.

[EDIT] Btw, some of the pics in the tutorials on my site are from my black FLU, which was my first attempt at spraying a GP32 some time ago, hence why the back of the case looks shiny and not-really-that-nice. My BLU is much much nicer ;)

[EDIT2] Anyone worried about clogging up the speaker holes with spray paint; dont be. It's fine enough that it doesn't clog the holes at all. The only way to clog the holes is to spray too much over them for a prolonged period of time. However, even if they did get clogged, its possible to just poke a pin through the holes and break through the paint. Thus opening up the holes again.

That would be real nice if you would offer the service. I'd most likely send you my GP32 for the service, as long as the customer is allowed to choose from a variety of colors.

BTW, it costed me $10 to ship my GP32 to Canada with 3-5 day delivery.

Yah, you should really offer the service. I'm sure you would make some money off of it if you offer some sort of warranty service.

I've thought about it over and over, and when it comes down to it, I don't think it would be a good idea for me to offer the service :/

I'd only be able to perform painting at weekends and the time and care it takes to do a proper job isn't how I'd like to be spending my weekends ;)

+ the cost of buying different colours of paint to use, say, maybe only once for someones GP32, etc, wouldn't make it worth me offering the service.

I also really wouldn't wanna destroy anyones GP32 (bear in mind I'm now on my 4th GP32!!!!) and couldn't offer any sort of warranty/protection in that respect tbh.

[EDIT] Another problem was that if I didn't have a particular colour, I'd have to buy that colour and the cost would have to be paid by whomever's GP32 I was spraying. I figured that no-one would really want to be paying such extra costs just to get the colour they wanted (particularly as I only have silver left now).

Also, I notice some people are using Krylon Fusion to paint their GP32's.

I had thought of using that originally, but due to seeing some bad paint jobs on PC cases with it and hearing some bad things about its quality after drying, I decided not to.

So far thought it seems to have given good results to those who've used it on their GP32s :)

I think someone complained that it felt sticky after drying with Krylon Fusion. Maybe it was sprayed too thickly? I dunno.

Back