Gp32 Is Broken! Any Tips?

silentguy

Still Fresh
Hi!
a week ago my GP32 suddenly broke down. Just plugged it in with the power cord I always use and the backlit got really bright for an instance and then nothing.
Now, if I plug it in with the power cord the little red power led gives of a very faint glow and nothing else happens and on batteries not even that light does anything.
Now I have two problem(not counting a broken GP32), first of all, I have no idea how to get warranty, cause I live in Germany and ordered from Lik Sang (who just answered my email, saying that I have to contact GamePark anyway) and even if I figure that one out, I'm using the multifirmware on it and I think it said somewhere that that nullifys the warranty. Does that really void it, or is it just a way of saying "GamePark won't help you if you mess stuff up with the firmware" cause I'm rather sure, that it's not the firmware cause the firmware worked fine for months...
If anyone has ANY useful hints for me who to contact or what to do, etc. I'd really appreciate that.

Bye
Jan

The only thing I can think of is if you can get in touch with Lik sang and ask them if they'll replace your GP. I suppose as long as you dont mention anything about the firmware(especially since it has nothing to do with the FLU) there might be a chance.

Well, it should have been 3V but you know, i used a very cheap power supply with variable volts so when it "blew" i already guessed something went wrong with the power supply (never really trusted it) but I would have expected it to have some protection against stuff like that or that maybe only a fuse blew or something...
hm, should have bought it in england... that's not so far away *sigh*

May have a fuse but I am not entirely sure, may just have a little piece of fuse wire, which would be a bit harder to replace, actally it wont be the fuse, if there even is one, coz u said the light still comes on, if the fuse was between the power supply and the LED then that shouldnt work

Hmmmmm, a similar thing happened yo my old GB, but it only cost a fiver to get a new one so i just lobbed it in he bin, never did find out what happened

Sorry, i coulddnt b more help

Back