Gp32 Gurus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically Pink, Finty and Azure shouldn't be gurus. Finty, no offence, but you don't have GP32 and most of your posts are on off-topic, while you might help n00bs there are people who I think deserve a Guru status more.

However in such situations it is a bit silly to take the status back off :) But according to hando's rule, 2000+ posters will no longer get Guru automatically.

At this point I am going to don my flame-retardant clothing for the flamefest to commence against me! Please don't take this the wrong way Finty, I'm not saying you are useless or anything :/

My solution was to change my avatar to this
gp32xAvatar_2.jpg

until I got guru status. B)

YMMV

Attachments

• gp32xAvatar_2.jpg
    gp32xAvatar_2.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 142
  • gp32xAvatar_2.jpg
    gp32xAvatar_2.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 140
  • gp32xAvatar_2.jpg
    gp32xAvatar_2.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 135
finty101 posted on Aug 12 2004 at 07:33 PM said:
Rico, I'd advise you to host that yourself, it could leave you open to some pretty funny insults.
I don't understand what you're getting at.

Edit: Why'd you change it, Rico?

Last edited by a moderator:
finty101 posted on Aug 12 2004 at 07:33 PM said:
Rico, I'd advise you to host that yourself, it could leave you open to some pretty funny insults.
I guess you learnt your lesson from that then

I think Guru's are chosen by hand on how they help the GP32 community with new users, news, and info on how to get something working. And it is not like Guru's just post 2000+ posts for nothing before the rule was changed, they had to post something helpgul, I hope :lol:

It's been around 9 months I was here, and not being a Guru doesn't bother me, we should all just try to help each other out, not just posting and posting stuff. All the Guru's helped out, Pinkspider, Azure always helped me out. So, I have no problem with the 2000+ posting thing.
I just await the day I become a Guru :p

Yea. I help when I can; (which is alot atm since I dont have a social life, being hated by one person fucked that up). :) I like to think ive helped some people and I try not to flame, even when people ask stupid questions :)

Rico posted on Aug 12 2004 at 07:50 PM said:
Flavor I knew you were going to change the image but this is pretty rude don't you think!?
I knew you knew, so I had to come up with something quick and dirty. Plus, I figured it would only be around for a few minutes, so it wouldn't much matter what I did.

EDIT: Dumbass me just got the joke!

Inopia posted on Aug 12 2004 at 08:02 PM said:
you can have my guru status.
*steals your guru status*

Flavor posted on Aug 12 2004 at 09:21 PM said:
Well, here are two new avatars that you might have missed if you didn't refresh fast enough. I'll post them for historical/educational purposes.

I LIKE TO POST THINGS THE AUTHOR REMOVED AS TO NOT CAUSE OFFENCE, JUST TO CAUSE OFFENCE.
gp32xAvatar2.jpg

Feel free to directly link to either of them. ;)
Thats abit mean tbh <_<

Attachments

• gp32xAvatar2.jpg
    gp32xAvatar2.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 134
  • gp32xAvatar2.jpg
    gp32xAvatar2.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 143
  • gp32xAvatar2.jpg
    gp32xAvatar2.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 132