Gp32/gp2X/wiz/dingoo Coding Competition

fbustamantegamboa said:
Hi. I am from Spain.

Please. Can you tell me how to donate?

Thanks.

For now tell me how much you would like to donate and when the time comes we will paypal all the donations to someone reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
[/quote]

For now tell me how much you would like to donate and when the time comes we will paypal all the donations to someone reliable.
[/quote]

Hi again.

I want to donate 20€.

Wainting for paypal...

Thanks.

(Sorry for my english)

Iorgy77 said:
Judges are yet to be chosen and rules arent concrete yet.
You should probably get some concrete rules as soon as possible if you plan to make this happen. ;)

Please spread the word on other forums if you can as the more donations we get the more succesfull this community competition can be.

Judges, rules and deadline to be announced by Sunday.

If you would like to offer your services as a judge and own more than one of the four devices please let me know in PM.

If you would like to help in other ways by either offering hosting, web design or graphic design for the webpage or compo spash screens please let me know in PM.

The theme of any splash screen graphics could be the angst of wating over a year for the pandora. :D (In a fun lighthearted way)

Please if you could also suggest someone trustworthy to hold the funds until the compo ends it would also be appreciated.

I think I have the perfect base image for splash screens / banners: http://clean3d.com/i...s_heck_web2.jpg

I'll have to PM Clean3D and get his permission (he already gave me the ok to use it on the blog, and I've been waiting for the chance to use it).

I was thinking about a suitable name/theme, and (former Aussie PM) John Howard's famous slip of the tongue came to mind: Weapons of Mass Distraction. Perhaps "distraction" would make a good gameplay theme? Anyone who has seen the British game show of the same name will see the potential in it.

Oh, and I can judge GP2X and Dingoo titles. Chances are Dingoo entries will be for Dingux, so I'd better hurry up and get that installed.

I guess I should put all this into a PM as requested. :p

hehe, that is perfect Gruso. Splashscreens will be up to the coder/artist. They can create their own as long as it has the name of the compo, webpage address and date, (webpage and date T.B.A) or choose one of the community made ones.

As for the judging you are on the list. :)

Gruso said:
I think I have the perfect base image for splash screens / banners: http://clean3d.com/i...s_heck_web2.jpg
Clean3D has kindly given us permission to use this image (thanks champ!). The one condition placed on the use of the image is that we keep it clean - no sex, drugs, language or anything else unsavoury. Basically, keep it PG. Sounds fine to me. :)

I'll put together a 320x240 version and a banner version for starters, and we'll go from there.

Why would you want to slap a picture of a Pandora on an entry for a competition which doesn't include it?

If you need another Wiz judge, I can assist. And I can guarantee I won't be coding anything unless you are giving prizes for the best "Hello World".

Otherwise, if you don't need my services, I can whip up a banner to advertise the competition on openXile or something.

Or both, or neither :p.

Nova said:
If you need another Wiz judge, I can assist. And I can guarantee I won't be coding anything unless you are giving prizes for the best "Hello World".

Otherwise, if you don't need my services, I can whip up a banner to advertise the competition on openXile or something.

Or both, or neither :p .

They let you keep it? Nice :).

Orkie said:
Why would you want to slap a picture of a Pandora on an entry for a competition which doesn't include it?
Iorgy77 said:
The theme of any splash screen graphics could be the angst of wating over a year for the pandora. :D (In a fun lighthearted way)
But I do see your point. Perhaps we could remove the logo from the device, so it alludes to Pandora only.

@ Gruso: great stuff

@ Orkie: It is meant to be ironical and is totally optional :D , you can use one of the other splash screens or make your own if they come about.

@ Nova: Hired as a wiz judge and any graphics/banners/splash screens you could do or promotion would definitely be appreciated.

Some concrete details and possibly a website to follow soon. Hell of a week at work and big fat greek wedding today, so hopefully tomorrow with the details and webpage to follow.

Need more judges please. Someone who speaks to DCGM ask him as I think he has every console.

Awesome! I whipped up a quick graphic based on that awesome pandora image. Is this the kinda direction you were going in?

compsig.png

EDIT: Oh! and I sent dcgm an IM asking him to come here with an answer when he's about.

Back