Gp32/gp2X/wiz/dingoo Coding Competition

Quick 320x240 splash screen. :) I've got some variations too, for people who want more screen real estate / less Pandora. When we have text I'll put the templates up.

320x240-pand.png

Sorry guys just want to get the final web address sorted before releasing any more info for the banners or splash screens.

I have worked out the rules and prize distribution, its a massive wall of text so I will post the webpage when its done rather than pasting it all here. I still need more judges and to find someone the community trusts to hold the pot. mac-10 has also generously made a webpage for the competition.

Also need volunteers to translate the webpage into other languages? (spanish, Italian, French for example)

Thank you for your patience and support.

Awesome! I'll get a post up on Pandorapress today. We'll need to get word to Openxile, Newsweez, Dingoonity and whoever else as well.

[edit] Could we credit Clean3D on there somewhere as a thanks for his artwork? Even just a note in the footer - "Banner artwork by Clean3D" linking to http://clean3d.wordpress.com/ :) Or something.

[edit2]
if for example you "need money to buy food" I would rather you eat or buy four dingoos than feel pressured.
:lol: Nice.

Hahaha I love the bits aimed at Kaisiaislialialiasialian.

On a more professional note, I have posted news of this competition on oX. Please have a read through and tell me if I've got anything wrong there, it's 00:43, and I should really be in bed. (I have Pandora-based insomnia)

Excellent work Gruso. I have sent a message to mac-10 regarding the artwork so I am sure he will update the page soon.

I have completely forgotten the German forum. :(

I will have to join there later and do a google translate post which should be fun. :D

Nice, a community coding competition. Great idea! Looking forward to the entries.

I'd like to donate 100 Swiss francs towards the prize pool.

Sucks that my Wiz screen has decided to die, but I'm getting a replacement on warranty.

Wow, incredible stuff another donation and more artwork.

Does anyone object to me holding the prizes in my paypal account? I have tried to get a GP32x GURU to do it but still haven't got an answer. Can anyone suggest anyone else? I am not well known and maybe some people might not trust me to do it.

Great work making this happen! I will definitely take part.

One thing about the rules though:
Bonus points will be awarded for software which can run on more than one competition platform.
Bonus points will be awarded for software for older systems e.g. GP32 and less points for GP2X.
How comes that? IMHO that's a little bit unfair, especially the part about older systems. For example I'm using OpenGL so my game can only run on the Wiz. Furthermore it won't be that original either, so I feel like I don't have a chance even if my game is fun to play :(

Jan-Nik said:

Bonus points will be awarded for software which can run on more than one competition platform.
Bonus points will be awarded for software for older systems e.g. GP32 and less points for GP2X.
How comes that? IMHO that's a little bit unfair, especially the part about older systems. For example I'm using OpenGL so my game can only run on the Wiz. Furthermore it won't be that original either, so I feel like I don't have a chance even if my game is fun to play :(
I see the problem, finding a scoring system that is fair to everybody and every kind of entry is going to be very very difficult, if not impossible. I don't have a solution for that, but in general I think the most important thing is, that the criteria are 1. fixed as early as possible (change of the rules mid-contest could be disastrous and piss lots of people off) and 2. communicated clearly to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan-Nik said:

yeah, i second that. i'm new to this scene and don't even have to possibility to buy one of the older handhelds. so that pretty much disqualifies younger devs (in regards to the scene not age ;) )

Iorgy77 said:
Wow, incredible stuff another donation and more artwork.

Does anyone object to me holding the prizes in my paypal account? I have tried to get a GP32x GURU to do it but still haven't got an answer. Can anyone suggest anyone else? I am not well known and maybe some people might not trust me to do it.

i'd vote for EvilDragon - he seems very reliable to me.
*edit*
otherwise i've no problem that you as the organizer of the contest keeps the money :)

Back