Gp32/gp2X/wiz/dingoo Coding Competition

Nether Dimensional Runner
Very entertaining, well thought out game. Gameplay itself is great as well as music and effects. I couldn't save the game though, which I think is necessary in a game where you advance in levels. Also, the menu wouldn't work for me. Continue just started you over at the first board as well as choosing Highscores did as well so there's no real way to even pause the game without starting over. A bug? While playing, the only thing that I noticed that may or may not have supposed to happen is the fact that you can get hung up on the edge of the ledges when you jump. It's not really a bad thing as it actually works in your favor alot. After that though this was extremely enjoyable!

Thanks for the comments and kind words! I saw you said you know some of these things have been fixed already, but I might as well mention that saving as well as the menu is fixed in the new version. Sad thing I didn't notice it earlier though. As for grabbing ledges that way, it's not a bug but a feature. :) I was working on removing that effect, but it turned our rather useful as you mentioned so I kept it in there. Seems it was a good idea. :)

K.E.T.M.
Definately ranked high with me as arcade shooters are one of my favorite types of game. Never tried the PSP version but this version seemed to be a very well done port. The whole time playing it I was wishing for more mods but as I turns out there's not too many out there. The game did lock up on me a couple of times, once in the beginning of the first board in the 1941 mod and once entering my high score. Volume control is really needed here since you can only turn down the sound effects in options but not the music itself. You are able to create your own mods, which I didn't try, so that is a big plus in my book.
Off topic, I'd love to see this get as big as OpenBor so maybe it would be a good idea to contact the Lavalit guys when the port is made final and the source is released. They may be able to get the word out to more people and start getting different mods created? Just a suggestion.
:) Thank you so much !!!
Arcade shooters are also my favorite...
For the other mods i'll be working on port this...but lately don't have so much free time to dedicate...
On my console (F200) the game have some slowness sometimes when there are many many sprite on screen...but never completely lockup (maybe SD card related ??)
Yes volume control is a feature that is always needed but when i ported the game i don't have the time to code it...now on the new released version this (and other features) is implemented.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Engine of KETM ...unfortunately i'm not a real coder , so don't have the skills to make grow this great engine..
if someone want to take a look at the source and make an enhanced version , or a mod ,or use the engine for a totally new game , feel free to write to me.

Excuse my english.....

Let's Roll A Smile
One of the best entries IMO. This game was just put together right and it shows whenever you play it. Crazy fun and addictive even though I was just flat out not good at it. A way to pause would be nice as would some music and sound effects. It doesn't necessarily take away from the game but it would add to it. I would assume that there will be future updates to add these features. When I was playing I kept looking for ramps to jump but there may be in later levels. Like I said I pretty much sucked at it so i'm just not sure. I wasn't able to get past level 7. No other bugs were apparent so I hope this gets ported to other handhelds.

Thanks for the comments.

I know, need to balance the difficulty.
And I am currently working in a update... slowly...
university is sucking almost all my free time :p

I´m confidently that people will like the update. =) Just wait!

Back