Gp32 Emulator?

CyberAxe

just wondering if anyone knows if anyone working on a GP32 emulator since there so many things released for the gp32 still that arent on the GP2x and i get a bit envyous of some of the stuff

theres one around for the pc (though i never got it to work) i'm sure it was opensource aswell

if no ones working on one i think i may go and make sure its opensource then post it on the ideas forum

Well looking at the speed and completeness of the PC version. It seems very unlikely anything decent could come from it.
I am sure the GP2X and GP32 are similar enough for something else to be done, but I can't see very many people that would be bothered.

The PC version is capable of running at full speed, but the author purposely makes it run at 66mhz because he doesn't want people to use it for piracy, but for testing homebrew. The GP2X and the GP32 use similar hardware, so the CPUs might be compatible to some degree...

Anhaedra posted on Feb 9 2006 at 07:01 AM said:
The PC version is capable of running at full speed, but the author purposely makes it run at 66mhz because he doesn't want people to use it for piracy, but for testing homebrew. The GP2X and the GP32 use similar hardware, so the CPUs might be compatible to some degree...
Hm, but there were other things that were missing from the emulator such as sound etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
i was thinking interpretation would be quicker and easyer but the emu was only a suggestion as a starting point

a GP32 emulator for Linux would be incredibly slow as it would have to run interpreted or dynarec'd. It would have to run under HH to go native, which isn't finished yet.

+ The source for the windows version was not released, nor was the source for the SDL version before anyone asks.

Back