Gp32 Blu Lcd Motion Blur

Johndifo

When sprites are moving fast on GP32 BLU they have a kind of motion blur,
is this a low refresh rate (Hardware) or bad implemented graphics API (Software) ?
Is it Video sync?

Even GBA have a crisp animation, on GP32 when things get fast they look faded.

BTW, is this happening on GP32 non-BLU's or Zodiac LCD ?

is this a low refresh rate (Hardware) or bad implemented graphics API (Software) ?
Is it Video sync?

This is a function of all LCDs. I have all of those systems and the LCD persistance (blur) is no worse on the BLU than the other devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually every LCD display tends to blur a little even that one from GBA. The only difference is that GBA screen is small and it's less visible. Hoever I dont think it is a problem at all and I love my new blu :) It is so much better than a FLU :)

Have you ever played any PC games on an LCD monitor? ALL LCD displays have this 'blur'.

Mainly there are two different types of panel-technologies for LCD-Panels at the moment. IPS and MVA. IPS is fast enough for playing and watching movies, the MVA panels got better image quality but are to slow. I haven't seen a BLU in Action yet, :( but I hope it is as fast as my IPS-LCD-Panel I use for working and playing, which can handle even the fastest FPS-Games.

I made my comment based on my small (15"), cheap LCD monitor that I bought some 2+years ago.

I just now tested Doom an my BLU, and compared it to my FLU (I had to borrow it from the co-worker I sold it to), and hands-down, the BLU is much more clear, and not blurry at all. The light guide on the FLU washes out the screen so badly, I don't know how I put up with it :lol:

Is it Video sync?

good question

as well all know what LCD stands for it seems that your sprite may be a little bit tipsy and thus blurring a little whilst dancing about.

btw just for people that dont know what LCD stands for

Leprechaun's
Can
Dance

easy really, so to solve the problem send the unit to the betty ford clinic for a week

Last edited by a moderator:
When LCDs first came out the quality was bad so I would say it stood for Low Contrast Display.

Back