Gp32 Back Lit Unit

FUCK
i just got a non flu and they go and make a btter one because I was thining to go FLU, but it washes out the colors, damn this thing is so crisp.....
FUCK!

~Octavious

might look good, but Battery life is reduced to 3 hours I heard...

I'd rather have the battery life anyday, plus with the FLU being selectable on/off - you can play it outside with little problems (Backlits have problems with sunlight).

Playing an RPG with 2-3 hours battery life is no fun if you are constantly recharging your batteries. :(

GO FLU!

lizard808uk posted on Mar 23 2004 at 03:40 PM said:
Yup, I say go Flu or Non Flu With a Worm light.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It says in the other post that battery life is 12hrs on the BLU, I wonder if thats even possible :blink:

Damn those back lit units look soo nice :D . Too bad i have 2 FLUs already. what else is the improvements on these units besides the light? are they going to add any buttons or more CPU power?

FLU's will probably still be worth something, people like Lizard808uk will want them instead of the BLU units. And the fact that they'd be out of production would add to it too

backlit looks cool - VERY DAMNED COOL - but as has been said above,
playing outside is nice and of course 3hrs battery life is a no-no.. so I will be happy to stick with my FLU, it's good enough for me!

I am sure one day there'll be another much more powerful "do it all" handheld with great backlighting on it and better battery life, FLU will more than hold me over in the years until then.

the price just sounds too expensive to me.. If they had Upgraded the CPU, Ram Etc then it would be worth it in my opinion...

dpunker posted on Mar 23 2004 at 04:04 PM said:
It says in the other post that battery life is 12hrs on the BLU, I wonder if thats even possible :blink:
I dont think the batteries will last 12 Hours... The Batteries only just manage to Last 12 hours on my Non Flu... So Im guessing battery life will be quite low... I heard you need the Backlight on all the time even when outside to see the screen properly..????? hhmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, have I been in the dark (sorry for the pun ;) ) I don't know ... I still remember needing the AC adapter for my Game Gear, due to the ridiculously short battery life (6 AAs lasted about 3 or 4 hours).

I keep hearing of colors being washed-out with the FLU and how a BLU is superior (similar arguments pop up about the GBA with the AfterBurner mod, which I also have). I don't see it. There may be a slight blue-ish hue or tint to the screen, but is hardly noticeable during gameplay. IMO,

FLU > BLU

Back