GP32 Gp32 Alien Breed Clone

Shirohagen

Brutal Deluxe
Website
richardho.lt
Hi

The recent Paradroid screenshots reminded me so much of the Alien Breed games on the Amiga and got me thinking... Seeing as we aren't going to get an Amiga EMU for the GP32, and the games weren't out for Atari ST, I wondered if anyone had the enthusiasm for knocking up a native GP32 Alien Breed clone?

This wouldn't be a port (unless Team 17 didn't mind) but I'm sure you can't copyright the concept of running around rooms and shooting things, and the Paradriod thing shows the graphical style must be alright, so how about it? (A level editor would be cool too so everyone else could make their new levels available etc etc... (Perhaps it could turn into a general thing which people could skin much like the Doom WADs and release new themed advebtures of their own...))

Anyway, as always I have a ton of enthusiasm but no way to actually do it myself (sorry) so what does everyone else think?

[R]

Alien Breed 3D source code was made free by Team 17 ages ago.

Alas it was nothing like the old Alien Breed (it was a doom clone), but it was a pretty good game if anyone wanted to port it - it ran on a vanilla Amiga 1200.

Alien Breed 3D was such an atmospheric game. Neved mind that the gfx were basic compared to the PC games of the day the gameplay was and still is excellent. My mates still fire up my Amiga to play it. Alien breed 3D2 was ok too but never managed to quite create the tension present in the first title.
Both ran rather nicely on my 40 Mhz 68040 Amiga with full details on so the GP32 should be able to cope easily at 133Mhz.

Back