Gp32 Adapter

dean147

Still Fresh
I just wondered if anyone knows if or when they are going to bring out the adapter that lets you connect your GP to a TV screen

Maybe those folks who made the TV Adapters for the GBA. I would do it if I'd had the knowledge to ;-)

I heard someone did it, but it looked so horrible they scrapped the project. I believe this is because the largest the image can ever be is 320x240, which is roughly half the dimensions of a TV image. Even with interpolation, it would still look horrible.

The Commodore 64 had 320x240 resolution and it looked fine on a television. The Sega Master System ran at 256 x 192; NES was 256x240. These all looked fine to me on a tv.

I asked a friend of mine (who builds electronic devices) if it would be possible.

Yes, it WOULD be possible. You could actually grab the data send to the LCD and convert it to a TV signal.
But that would mean a MAJOR hardware modification and would cost about 300 - 400 $ if you build it yourself...

Look in the 'GP32 prototype' topic. Looks like fx-man did something like that... unless it's an emu...

Back