Gp32 3d Model

cozmic

Website
Visit site
I guess most of you already noticed it but there is a new 3d Demo available at gp32spain. (also runs on the PC)

In this demo you can see a full 3d goraud high poly baby with lighting and all.

Runs @ an amazing 6FPS!
If we could view the fps of the PC version we could compare things...

This truly shows the power of the GP32!

Screenshot

Too bad there are (almost) no commercial programmers left supporting the GP32.

cozmic posted on Feb 27 2005 at 10:00 AM said:
Funny.. Same topic same time
indeed, and i say "same topic" in mine too, and i hadn't read this post.
lol, are you my twin ?

you finished your topic 1 min before me ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
umm you can view the pc fps if its fullscreen
with fraps. maybe you can even view them if its windowed..i dont know

The demo draws about 16k ppf (polygons per frame) at 6 fps. If a game uses only 2500-3000 ppf it could run at 30fps with the same amazing visual quality, and even faster without lights (only textures).

There are very few psx games that use more than 3000 ppf, so you can imagine what this means...

...PSX quality in gp32!!! Now the only thing needed is some people willing to make some good games :)

Often I wonder what we would have seen had the GP32 been a commercial success, I'd guess many ports of PSX games would have showen up. Oh well. We can always hope for more optimisation on the Quake engine ;)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

i dunno why but i doesnt run on my gp32 but it works on the pc...

i'll just keep trying to put it on after my batteries are charged...

i thought it moves... its says 6fps but its not movin at all...

help plz...

anyone.....

charga_man posted on Feb 27 2005 at 06:38 PM said:
i dunno why but i doesnt run on my gp32 but it works on the pc...

i'll just keep trying to put it on after my batteries are charged...

i thought it moves... its says 6fps but its not movin at all...

help plz...

anyone.....

This demo runs at 166Mhz.

Am I missing something? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Where`s the download??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

I want to try this little brat, too! :D

LockeCole posted on Feb 28 2005 at 12:44 AM said:
The demo draws about 16k ppf (polygons per frame) at 6 fps. If a game uses only 2500-3000 ppf it could run at 30fps with the same amazing visual quality, and even faster without lights (only textures).

There are very few psx games that use more than 3000 ppf, so you can imagine what this means...

...PSX quality in gp32!!! Now the only thing needed is some people willing to make some good games :)

um, hate to bust this thought, but to my knowledge the demo does not use textures at all. Texture mapping would slow this demo down, though I am not sure by how much...

pea posted on Feb 28 2005 at 12:57 AM said:
LockeCole posted on Feb 28 2005 at 12:44 AM said:

um, hate to bust this thought, but to my knowledge the demo does not use textures at all. Texture mapping would slow this demo down, though I am not sure by how much...

Lights are heavier than texture mapping, so a game with textures and without shaders will run a lot smoother. If you want shaders and texture mapping, the polygons must be about 2000 per frame to have a relative good speed.

Back