Gp2xpectrum Help

edgar42

Still Fresh
Hello,

I'm incredibly new at all this emulation stuff, and after buying a GP2x a couple of weeks ago, I'm still struggling a bit. Whilst I've got the Sega emulator up and running perfectly with Master system, GG and Megadrive running at full speed, the spectrum emulator seems to be a bit hit or miss. It runs perfectly for under half my games (Chaos, Treasure Island Dizzy, Quazatron), but for many it will show the loading screen, then return to the old spectrum loader (Turbo Esprit, Knight Lore, 3d deathchase, Trapdoor). They are all either zip files or .tzx, but the program flatly refuses to play many titles. Is there a list of games that GP2xpectrum can't recognise, as they seem to work fine on the PC emulators that I've used.

edgar42 posted on Oct 4 2006 at 03:03 PM said:
Hello,

I'm incredibly new at all this emulation stuff, and after buying a GP2x a couple of weeks ago, I'm still struggling a bit. Whilst I've got the Sega emulator up and running perfectly with Master system, GG and Megadrive running at full speed, the spectrum emulator seems to be a bit hit or miss. It runs perfectly for under half my games (Chaos, Treasure Island Dizzy, Quazatron), but for many it will show the loading screen, then return to the old spectrum loader (Turbo Esprit, Knight Lore, 3d deathchase, Trapdoor). They are all either zip files or .tzx, but the program flatly refuses to play many titles. Is there a list of games that GP2xpectrum can't recognise, as they seem to work fine on the PC emulators that I've used.

Try to load those games in 48k mode.
Some older speccy games only worked on the 48k model and not the 128.

If that doesn't work try and download the .sna versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
edgar42 posted on Oct 4 2006 at 03:03 PM said:
Hello,

TZX support is only partial, so you'd better look for .z80 or .tap files. If you can't find them, you can always load the games in a PC emulator and save a .z80 to use them in GP2Xpectrum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back