Gp2x Wiz Charging Time

BTW, What is the proper way to charge Wiz via USB?
Should it be powered on and plugged connected to PC or should it be off when connected to PC? Does it charges being used as a usb-drive?
I haven't noticed any indication on screen about charging. Only different colors of led under power switch in different modes.
User manual on a CD lacks this information and in general I would say this manual needs a rewrite and a lot of fixes.

Moomin posted on May 19 2009 at 06:57 PM said:
BTW, What is the proper way to charge Wiz via USB?
Should it be powered on and plugged connected to PC or should it be off when connected to PC? Does it charges being used as a usb-drive?
I haven't noticed any indication on screen about charging. Only different colors of led under power switch in different modes.
User manual on a CD lacks this information and in general I would say this manual needs a rewrite and a lot of fixes.
I think it makes no difference. Perhaps the loading time is longer when the device is powered on.

My loading time (unit off) is about 4 hours.

Regards,
Stephan

Last edited by a moderator:
Charging time is very long, when unit is ON., I tried it, and after 15 hours Wiz did not charged.

When I charging it in OFF, it took about 10 hours, when LED on cable change color from red to green, but battery meter is in 3/4. I must reconnect Wiz and charge it for while again, after this is battery meter full.

Did anyone charge it with AC USB charger?

Battery time is very good, when I playing on Wiz about 1 hour per day, it lasts charged for about one week.

I didn't time my charge time but I don't think it was anywhere near 10 hours... I'll try to remember to track it next time.

Also, just curious... Do they even make an AC wall charger for the Wiz? or would I have to use one of those USB to AC converters? Has anybody used one of these converters and if so, would you recommend?

My cell phone charger is a normal AC adapter on one side and a typical mini USB thing on the other end, anyone know if this will work with the Wiz? Mine isn't here yet for me to check for myself, but I'm assuming it will.

Okay, I timed it tonight. My Wiz was completely dead, I plugged it in (powered off) and after three and a half hours the light turned blue. I'm assuming this means its done charging? The battery icon at the top was full when I turned it on after, so I don't know where people are getting 10 hours from.

Yeah seriously dont eat so much space cake its not 10 hours here either

@ Peter R,

The light on the Wiz itself turned blue, right by the power switch. I don't see any lights at all on my cable.

Did they take the LED off the charging cable? It was useful to know when the Wiz finished charging, the LED turned red->orange->green, and then you knew the battery was at 100%.

Anywho it takes mine more than ten hours to fully charge a depleted battery from a powered USB hub, but now I'm trying to avoid those situations by charging more often, like every few days.

Alex. posted on May 21 2009 at 09:34 AM said:
Did they take the LED off the charging cable? It was useful to know when the Wiz finished charging, the LED turned red->orange->green, and then you knew the battery was at 100%.
Anywho it takes mine more than ten hours to fully charge a depleted battery from a powered USB hub, but now I'm trying to avoid those situations by charging more often, like every few days.

So it really does take 10 hours to charge an empty Wiz battery? Hmm...long ass time.

The cable doesn't have any LED's on it.
I can see two screws on the Wiz's side plug, but can't find my screwdriver anywhere. Maybe they hid the LED in a plug o_O

Alex. posted on May 21 2009 at 02:34 PM said:

The LED is in the Wiz now above the cable. There is none in the plug itself.

10 hours seems very long. Mine seems to take around 4-5 hours to charge.

Peter R posted on May 22 2009 at 06:28 AM said:
Where abouts in the Wiz is the LED?
The LED is right under the power/hold switch.
When Wiz is off and connected to a PC and charging LED is red.
When it is done charging it is green.

Moomin posted on May 22 2009 at 08:40 AM said:
Peter R posted on May 22 2009 at 06:28 AM said:
Where abouts in the Wiz is the LED?
The LED is right under the power/hold switch.
That LED is also on the dev units but just stays blue all the time I think.

Moomin posted on May 22 2009 at 03:40 AM said:
Green? Mine turns blue. Does you turn blue then green? or goes right to green?

I'm just wondering if I'm not charging my Wiz completely, because I know the devs here said the LED on their cable turns three colors. Maybe the LED under the switch works the same way and has a midway color...

Back