Will This Usb Adaptor Work With My Wiz?

Nixot

Still Fresh
Hello all.

I have here a plug with a USB port in it, designed for Cybiko computers. Now, charging my Wiz from USB gets on my nerves because I need to have a computer running all the time whilst it is charging. I want to know if this adaptor will work, not work or brick my Wiz.
The specifications written on the front are:

Input: 240V~50Hz
Output: 5Vdc 300mA

Would this be able to charge my Wiz correctly? Thanks for any help.

Sorry if I'm slightly drifting OT, but I just wanted to say that if you have a normal desktop PC, they usually keep the USB ports flowing with power even if the system is turned off. If you have a laptop that's different, 'cause in that case everything will be off.

I use the Mains/USB plug from my iPod to charge the WIz and it works beautifully.

These devices will use a constant voltage power supply, so it'll be fine.

I'm going to say No.

The Wiz is quite thirsty, 300mA isn't going to cut it. It MIGHT work, but it MIGHT damage the charger depending on how its built. It shouldn't damage the Wiz tho'

If you have something that can charge an iPod, then that should work fine, or something that at least provides 500mA (USB spec).

Bromazepam said:
Sorry if I'm slightly drifting OT, but I just wanted to say that if you have a normal desktop PC, they usually keep the USB ports flowing with power even if the system is turned off.
This can usually be configured in the BIOS - if your PC can power up via keyboard or mouse, then the USB ports will be provided with power unless this setting is disabled. Don't expect to charge all your devices from it at once however, as the 5VSB line is typically only 2A.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nixot said:
Hello all.

I have here a plug with a USB port in it, designed for Cybiko computers. Now, charging my Wiz from USB gets on my nerves because I need to have a computer running all the time whilst it is charging. I want to know if this adaptor will work, not work or brick my Wiz.
The specifications written on the front are:

Input: 240V~50Hz
Output: 5Vdc 300mA

Would this be able to charge my Wiz correctly? Thanks for any help.

Don´t be afraid :) , this Adapter will work for charging your WIZ, but maybe it doesn´t works fine if the WIZ-Akku is empty and you´ll charge (and work) with the
Wiz in same time.
So it would be better if you can get one with more than 300mA (min. 500mA, better more,
because the USB Power Specification for every PC USB Port is 500mA.)

You can buy everywhere cheap adapters for instance like these one:

0719-duogui.jpg

They brings 5V and 500mA to the WIZ and it costs only 1,75€ including S+H .

Gtx.,
andY

Last edited by a moderator:
Back