Gp2x + Wifi Sd Card

xoasis

Still Fresh
It would be great if we could use a SD Card with WIFI.

2.jpg

At this time, there is not project in this way.

I am sure it will be possible soon!

:)

*Throws Party!* woohoo! Anyway, SDIO Wifi would be really sloppy, especially when you compare it to using a straight USB adapter with the forthcomin Breakout Box.

I dont think its probable, wouldnt the WiFi card take up the SD slot? Therefore you cant put your SD card in, and would have to load off of NAND.

FFNoir posted on Apr 1 2006 at 10:08 AM said:
*Throws Party!* woohoo! Anyway, SDIO Wifi would be really sloppy, especially when you compare it to using a straight USB adapter with the forthcomin Breakout Box.

Hi FFNoir! I keep hearing about this breakout box but no details. Is this for sure? If so, can you provide any details. What's more, at GPH forum, they have written that they DON'T plan to create a breakout box. Again, any details would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
techFreak posted on Apr 1 2006 at 07:52 PM said:
There are many breakout boxes around. We are also selling one model. Price is $50. All in one (RS232 + USB Host + TV-Out + Audio Out)

pictures and a link please!

Here's the pics.

bobrear.jpg

Rear of the Total BoB. TV-Out(S-Video), Audio-Out(L-R), 12V In

bobFront.jpg

RS-232, USB Host.

The silver box is a 1.8" HDD Box w/ 20GB Toshiba HDD.

If you want to order please PM me. B)

dioxide posted on Apr 1 2006 at 11:21 AM said:
I dont think its probable, wouldnt the WiFi card take up the SD slot? Therefore you cant put your SD card in, and would have to load off of NAND.

No, there are SD WiFi adapters with integrated flash memory.. usually 128mb or 256mb but enough to store a web browser, and some smaller programs.

techFreak posted on Apr 1 2006 at 02:51 PM said:
Here's the pics.

bobrear.jpg

Rear of the Total BoB. TV-Out(S-Video), Audio-Out(L-R), 12V In

bobFront.jpg

RS-232, USB Host.

The silver box is a 1.8" HDD Box w/ 20GB Toshiba HDD.

If you want to order please PM me. B)

I dont like being a quote whore but this should totally be its own topic if not front page news . This is kind of a big deal .

it'll be a big deal (ish) if its something anyone can buy. so far all the BoB's for the gp2x have been .. mostly .. a bit DIY ..

Back