Gp2x Vs Nds Vs Ngpc

Mr. Anderson

GP2x USER
Website
Visit site
i just felt like making a little size comparison:

compare3vo.jpg

my white NDS vs GP2x vs Neo Geo Pocket Color :)

Say, that Neo Geo Pocket Color stick looks like it would be right at home in the GP2X ;)

TelcoLou posted on Dec 14 2005 at 02:51 AM said:
Say, that Neo Geo Pocket Color stick looks like it would be right at home in the GP2X ;)

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get it out of the NGPC... :eek:

I guess it's better that way, the system might be old, but ripping it's stick apart is just cruel...

Last edited by a moderator:
The GP2X is skinnier than the DS though right?

At least until the "power house" for the 2500/2600 NiMH right?

Edit: check out this pic on the wiki

the thing is damn svelte in black, it's the hot little number in the lower left quadrant ;)

"Your body, I'm getting the wrong signals"
"I'm svelte. . . it means I look good in a sweater. . sweater vest"

Anybody watch home Movies? :D

That is the scene where Brandon os trying to make a movie of Melissa's Grandpa in WWII and his coach is supposed to pick up Melissa's dad.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funny.

wild_eyed posted on Dec 13 2005 at 09:28 PM said:
dioxide posted on Dec 14 2005 at 01:49 AM said:
He clearly said its for size comparison.

i think everyone knows i was joking. eveyone that is, except you.

HA, the joke is on you then because i was joking...

BBTroll posted on Dec 13 2005 at 11:38 PM said:
nubie posted on Dec 13 2005 at 09:05 PM said:
Edit: check out this pic on the wiki

Holy....

Ok... cough up

Who is the one with that many handhelds?

all I can say is, it must be easier to collect/store retro handhelds than retro PCs

could you imagine a pic like this of c64, //e, 286, atari, amstrad, 386,

even old school portables were huge, my first PC was my dad's old 80186 "portable" (ha! it weighed in at over 30 pounds.) I played Basic games on two 5.25" floppy drives built into it. There was a hard drive expansion that weighs nearly 60 pounds for it, the hard drive inside is a full height 5.25" (imagine two CD drives stacked) it probably has less than 50MB on it.

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 14 2005 at 12:56 PM said:

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get it out of the NGPC... :eek:

I guess it's better that way, the system might be old, but ripping it's stick apart is just cruel...

I just used a small coin and off it came. But it doesn't work on the gp2x as the hole for the cap is far to big. :(

dioxide posted on Dec 14 2005 at 05:25 AM said:
wild_eyed posted on Dec 13 2005 at 09:28 PM said:
dioxide posted on Dec 14 2005 at 01:49 AM said:
He clearly said its for size comparison.

i think everyone knows i was joking. eveyone that is, except you.

HA, the joke is on you then because i was joking...
OF COURSE you were joking :huh: , we all knew that.......................right, RIGHT!!!

nubie posted on Dec 14 2005 at 07:12 AM said:
even old school portables were huge, my first PC was my dad's old 80186 "portable" (ha! it weighed in at over 30 pounds.) ...

I do not want to be a spoiler, but 80186 were never used as Computer "main" processors. <_<

It might have been a 80286 tough ;)

NightShadow posted on Dec 14 2005 at 09:28 AM said:
nubie posted on Dec 14 2005 at 07:12 AM said:
even old school portables were huge, my first PC was my dad's old 80186 "portable" (ha! it weighed in at over 30 pounds.) ...

I do not want to be a spoiler, but 80186 were never used as Computer "main" processors. <_<

It might have been a 80286 tough ;)

Any possibility for 8086 or 8088? :)

That stick is one of the best I've ever used.

I love my NeoGeo Pocket Color, it is probably the second best system I've owned, after the Megadrive (I'm excluding the GP2X from this, because that can do anything and everything)...
I didn't get many games for it, but the ones I did have, there was no way of ever getting bored of them:

Metal Slug 1st Mission - ALMOST as good as the MVS version, but I sort of have that on GP2X now :rolleyes:

Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure - Probably the best Sonic game since Sonic & Knuckles, but now I have all the Megadrive incarnations on one card.

Puzzle Bobble Mini - Great little game for just picking up and playing any time. This version beats the GP2X, due to the sound and the lack of boot-up time :p

BioMotor Unitron - An RPG unlike any other I have played, totally unique.

Pocket Tennis Color - Even more addictive than SuperTennis on the SNES.

Fatal Fury First Contact - Very good, but now I have Fatal Fury 3 on my GP2X.

NeoGeo Cup 98 Plus Color - Ridiculously long title, but the only football game I have ever enjoyed besides FIFA 98: Road to the World Cup. Yet to put any sports games on my GP2X.

Of course, when an NGPC emu appears on the GP2X, this argument'll be invalid. But still, that little clicky joystick, wow :D

Back