Gp2x Vids

Nice work fella! Its a lot neater having those vids in one easy to watch place than having clunky old wmv downloaded all over the place.

Hopefully we won't be having to rely on videos for much longer....

What the heck is the point of this google video? Personally I think it sucks so far, HORRIBLE video quality. If this ever chatchs on, I will cry really hard.

H.264, mpeg-4, and divx are MUCH better choices then these horrible flash codecs, well flash 8 is ok, but flash 7 sucks.

Whats even the point of google video? And how do you "put" videos on google video? Lastly why do people even use flash for video?

EDIT: Sorry for sounding so rude, but sometimes I just hate how people adopt the worst standerds *cough*mp3*cough*, aperently the rest of the web has never heard of AAC (nor AAC-plus, which would rock if people used it) and OGG.

Whats even the point of google video? And how do you "put" videos on google video? Lastly why do people even use flash for video?
Google Video is a searchable, indexable collection of video that is browser-embedable, cross-platform, cross-browser, and simple.
EDIT: Sorry for sounding so rude, but sometimes I just hate how people adopt the worst standerds *cough*mp3*cough*, aperently the rest of the web has never heard of AAC (nor AAC-plus, which would rock if people used it) and OGG.
MP3 was the best audio codec when it was introduced. Now it remains the most popular, and everyone supports it for good reason, since almost everyone who has collected music for a while has a large amount of MP3s to play.

Don't cry, it's just common sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because most mp3 players dont play aac or ogg?

VBR mp3's are good enough for me and that is what most of the mp3 warez groups release.

(I don't download pirated material...)

these vids don't work for me .. i click on one, and the page just goes blank. safari/osx.. i guess googlevideo isn't compatible?

anyway, i hadn't seen that NEO GEO video before .. looks pretty good .. man, i can't wait until this thing ships..

Google Video is a searchable, indexable collection of video that is browser-embedable, cross-platform, cross-browser, and simple.

¿Flash cross-platform?
¿Google Video cross-browser? My Konqueror renders a cool white page :rolleyes:
It works fine in Firefox on i386. Just use that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Er, flash is not a perfect format and support really is buggy on a lot of platforms, but I think it works better than embedded videos. Could be worse, anyway.

And someone actually uses Konquerer for web browsing? I'd heard such things existed, but to see it firsthand....

Thanks for your interest in Google Video.

Currently, the playback feature of Google Video isn't available in your country.

We hope to make this feature available more widely in the future, and we really appreciate your patience.

google video blows.

Back